View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #419
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
If you get braided lines be sure you get the ones with banjo ends so you can use the factory oil regulating/restricting bolts. Or else you'll more than likely start blowing oil after a few thousand miles.

IF you want to stay with hard lines, undo the two lines on the block first, and don't bend them in any way or form. Take off exhaust and if you can, o2 housing, then put a 19 on a long ended ratchet behind the turbo (once you unbolt the manifold from the head) and undo the coolant line going in the back of the turbo cartridge. After that undo the oil drain and your done.. You shouldn't have many problems with the lines, especially with re installation, as long as you don't bend them.

First time i did it to replace the inlet gasket it took me 8 hours, now I'm down to a little over an hour.