View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #100
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Work Day 13 - Continued [Back to index]

I said I would post pictures last night but I was pretty exhausted() and decided to get some sleep and didn't post the pictures, yeah I know, what a jerk.

I thought I had taken pictures of my boost controller bezel, but apparently I didn't. This is a good thing though as it needs to be sanded again with some fine grit sandpaper and repainted. You can see too many of the ruts made from the rougher sandpaper.

I did get some parts in yesterday though, low and behold:

Lightened flywheel, new clutch, and new pressure plate. Giggidy Giggidy! Those will be going on Wednesday. Then I will be able to bolt the tranny up to the motor finally and await my motor mounts. Here's the old clutch and flywheel on the SR. They look pretty nasty, glad I bought new (and lighter!) parts.

I also noticed they gave me hex bolts to tighten them down with, anyone used these before? I'm not sure if the old clutch bolts fit, if so I'm going to just use them instead. I'll have to check and see if they fit Wednesday. I have no idea how I'm going to tighten these to spec with my torque wrench.

Also, look at that nasty, rusted turbo outlet two pictures above

So to kill two birds with one stone, last night I purchased

I needed to buy a downpipe anyways and I wanted to replace that turbo outlet because

a. It looked like shit
b. The AIV tube is rusted onto the outlet

So this was the perfect product for the job. Not to mention it is slightly flat on the bottom to help with ground clearance, an extra plus when I get around to lowering the car.

Yesterday I had to go out and buy a set of bolt pullers to get my motor mounts off of the engine crossmember. I've been struggling with them for a while. My wrenches could never get a grip on them, not sure why. I know I was using the correct size, 14mm, but it would just spin around the nut if I put any pressure on it. It seemed like the metal the nut was made out of was either naturally super soft or maybe already rounded out some. I'll be pulling those shits out Wednesday as well.

Maybe I'll get more goodies in the mail today