View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 05:41 PM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
It goes like this, in my opinion...

Detroit or Indy will win the east, lord knows which one it will be, but they will be so absolutely exhausted after beating the piss out of each other (as EVERY E.C. team not from Chicago in the mod-90's) that they will be run down by one of 3 teams from the west:

San Antonio - Defending champs, but least likely of this triumverate to take the finals in my opinion... Tim Duncan can't do it alone, the Kings have SEVERAL guards to throw at them and the Lakers now have not one but TWO credible men in the paint... San Antonio has found ways to win in spite of this, and could very well find a way to continue to do so...

Sacramento - Chris Webber returns after forever out of the game and plays like he never left. Guard play, as I mentioned, is really good as well... They managed to win without C-Dub and have (generally) continued to do so with his return (losses to Phoenix notwithstanding) but we have seen in several previous years they do well in the regular season and this not amount to shit in the playoffs.

Los Angeles - Call me a Lakers fan, because I have been as long as I could watch basketball, since back in the 80's now... If the "Big 4" are in the game and able to play to the best of their abilities, the lakers can NOT be beaten in a 4-game series. Who has the best record in the NBA since the allstar break? They can parlay this to the best record in the NBA overall at that, as they sit only a half a game behind it... Their Kryptonite (aside from Kobe and young white girls) has proven itself to be the Spurs, BUT I would draw to one's attention again that Tim Duncan will not be able to handle Shaq AND Karl Malone, if playing together for a 7-game series and it has become a lost cause that anyone in the league will stop a healthy Kobe from scoring 25-30 and an injured Kobe from even crossing 20...

I think the lakers will take it, again personal opinion, and I refuse to think that Minneapolis has a good enough chance of winning anything. Well, there IS the MVP, I just can't think of another player in the league other than K.G. to give it to this year, no one has done what he has as consistently and injury free as he has this season...

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote