View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #20
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWarrior
even if you go with S14 waterneck deal, you still have to get to that hardline to plug it up. So why not just do the SS line??
The S14 water outlet will allow you to access the line much more easily since it's right where coolant flows from the block to the upper radiator hose, below the cam angle sensor. The advantage to this is if you remove your turbo often, such is necessary with tuning and rebuilding, it will consume less time.

The problem isn't working with the car in the shop. When it's here, I have as much time to do whatever I want. The problem is when you are at the track, and that coolant line ruptures, you have a hot motor, leaking coolant, and limited time to fix it while your precious track day is winding away. I am after reliability, simplicity, and cost savings in both time and money.

Plugging up that hard line isn't a big deal. It's a one shot deal. I just don't want pressurised hot coolant running back there since it increases the risk of a rupture.

Nissan already thought about this and this is why they changed it for the S14. We're just retrofitting the solution to the older redtop.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote