View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #135
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I think most are. Many think turbo motors are always overbuilt, 700hp capable and are just a reflash away from another 50-100hp.
I do thing some turbo motors are overbuilt (like the 2JZ & RB), but that's not common nowadays. I prefer to think that, rather than being overbuilt, most turbo motors are simply more optimized for boost than the average N/A engine.

The only exception I've really seen has been the S2000's F20c/F22c. Now that's one stout N/A that loves boost....

I don't normally expect 50-100hp from a reflash, but I do hope to get maybe ~40hp out of a reflash, exhaust, downpipe & CAI on most turbo cars. Basically being able to take a 230hp car to 270hp without much difficulty.

There are alot of turbo cars that exceed this modest goal, IMO. It's all about tempering your expectations to be realistic. I think an extra 40hp is sufficient to enhance the character of a car in this weight class without changing it too much or destroying what was originally there.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote