View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #163
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Work Day 16 [Back to index]

I didn't plan on working on the car today but when I got home I had five boxes waiting for me Now I have all of the parts I need to finish! In those boxes were my exhaust, dual fan thermostat relay, oil pan, test pipe, and DOHC power steering lines. For some reason I assumed they would be used (the power steering lines) but they are brand new, very nice.

The exhaust is so much larger than I thought it would be. It's rediculous. I tried to coax one of our cats into crawling in it but that didn't work...

The quality of the exhaust is superb, you truely do get what you pay for.

Oh, and of course, stickers are the REAL reason we pay $600 for an exhaust

Once I saw all of the parts, I had to go work on the car. It's all up to me at this point, I'm not waiting on anything else. So I headed out to the storage unit and started busting ass.

The last time I was there, I wasn't able to hook up the driveshaft because the tranny crossmember wasn't lining up accurately with it's holes. So I had to losen the motor mounts and move the motor back some to get it into place.

When I did this, I noticed a small (yet an incredible pain in the ass) problem. I followed the advice of everyone and hooked up the heater hoses before installing the engine, but when I looked at them tonight they were crazy kinked. So kinked in fact I was worried they were going to break

So while I had the motor mounts loose, I pulled the motor back even more to give myself about 4-5 inches of room and I started reconnecting them. I noticed that the heater hoses I got didn't exactly line up so I wound up having to cut one of them so it didn't kink once the motor was pushed back into place. Once I got that done, I put the motor back in place, bolted up the tranny crossmember and starting connecting the driveshaft.

The driveshaft was a little bit of a pain to get together, at least for a first-timer. Holding that thing above my head and trying to connect the bolts was killing my arms until I had a revelation... use a jack. After that it was smooth sailing.

With all of the large stuff in place (aside from my exhaust) I should have a lot of light work ahead of me. This means I am green for this weekend