View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #126
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Work Day 14 [Back to index]

I got out a few hours later than I wanted to today so I wasn't able to get the motor in yet. I am green for getting it in tomorrow though.

Today I had to install the clutch and get the transmission onto the engine, which was a bitch I might add.

I rented a pilot bushing remover to get the old pilot bushing out today. The old one was pretty worn. Here's the old one with the new one in the shaft next to it.

After that I had to use the clutch alignment tool to get the clutch in place and the put the pressure plate on.

This was my first time switching a clutch and it was kind of nerve racking. If I don't get it right, I'll have to pull the engine again... shitty.

Next thing I did was install a new throwout bearing.

After that I started mounting the transmission on the SR. Doing this by yourself is extremely hard. I was worried because the transmission wasn't attaching flush with the motor. I could tell the shaft was in the crankshaft because I could spin the transmission, but it just wasn't mating with the engine. So I started putting the bolts in and it pulled it flush with the motor. After that it was dark so I had to stop. Tomorrow all I have to do is attach the starter and hoist it into the engine bay.