View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #146
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_drifter
Looking great so far

I'm in the same situation as you were a while ago i guess, I am a student, I'm too poor and I dream of doing the swap by myself when I get some money...
Your a good inspiration !

By the way you said it cost you 7000 $$ I thought it was less expensive than that did you put alot of good parts on it or is it the "normal" cost of the swap???

Thanks!

To give everyone a better idea of my costs here's a breakdown. I won't go into the specifics of which parts are on the first purchase order unless there is an overwhelming demand for the info (it's a lot of shit to write up).

$2460 - SR Blacktop Motorset
$3800 - First Parts Purchase Order
-A fuckton and a half of parts
$267 - Second Parts Purchase Order
-Test pipe
-Dual fan thermostat kit
-K&N Breather Filter
-Nismo clutch fork pivot
$320 - Third Parts Purchase Order
-Greddy Downpipe (the circuit Sports DP was backordered )
-Greddy Turbo Outlet
$664 - Fourth Parts Purchase Order
-HKS Hi-Power Exhaust system
------------------------------------------------------
$7511 - Grand Total +-

This does not include the cost of the storage unit, supplies (rags, degreaser, paint, etc), or alcohol. With that in mind, it's actually nearing the $8000 mark. I tried to spare no expense on the quality of parts so you definately could save money where I didn't but I didn't want this to be a shitty build.

"Do it right or don't do it at all" has kind of been my mantra for this experience.