View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 01:32 PM   #11
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion::S14
Timing is a bitch to get dead on sometimes. Keep trying.

Have someone else try to start it, and rotate the dis fully each way. If that doesn't get you close, then pull the dis, rotate one tooth counterclockwise, and try again. If that's not it, rotate one tooth clockwise and try it again.

If you're doing this correctly at all, you're a tooth off at best.

Good luck - Brian
thats basically how i got my car started after i fooked up my timing... remember to mark it next time you pull it out and put it back in the exact way you took it out, rotor and all.

i forgot to mark it myself; and ended up guestimating it. after a few tries, it started but it wouldn't idle smooth and i couldn't turn the dist enough to get it smooth. so i took it out and put it back in a few teeth back, and i had enough room to adjust.

maybe i was really lucky; but i don't think its THAT finicky to get it started as long as you're close to the proper position.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote