View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #233
xcusememisswyn
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
xcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfectionxcusememisswyn is close to perfection
Do you know what it costs to build a GTR? Could very well be $79,000, could be $85,000, (plus millions and millions of dollars in research) there are cars that companies dont really make profits on, but are still produced for other reasons. Like I said, I think that this is one of those cars. And honestly, unless your name is Carlos Ghosn, then you dont know what Nissans purpose is anymore than me.

Its called a halo car. The company doesnt expect it to sell well, but it shows what Nissan can do. Its an engineering masterpiece that draws people into the showroom with hope that they will buy a less expensive, more reasonable car while there. I think Nissan did what they have with this car, and made it globally the same, because they wanted their new halo car to be the most badass thing to roam the streets of both Japan and the Americas. Same as the Viper, the Ford GT, the Z06, etc. Google it if you dont believe me.

And if they plan to make 12,000 cars a year, it should be interesting to see how they sell considering Chevy only makes around 6,000 Z06's a year, and too make twice that while charging more, and lacking a reputation as of right now. Just doesnt add up. No 40 year old man making high six figures wants to pull up to the country club in a Nissan, even if it is this one.