View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #55
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
It's really alot of trial and error... Just take it easy and you can overlap it thick it will all settle... Just watch the distance you are for the car typically getting too close it really what will cause the runs. I say practice spraying too thick on useless panels or something so you can really get a feel for it. As long as you got a really good idea of whats too thick you know your limits. Right now I can just look at the paint as it's being sprayed on and just tell... I just sprayed some parts for a streetbike today and I was laying the clear on sooo thick without running it that it was just laying down like glass and needs no finish sanding at all! Just practice and mess with it... My first few cars I ran the clear bad in alot of spots but I didn't care cause they sanding it out and it really helped me get comfortable spraying it on thick.