View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 12:28 AM   #12
wootwoot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
A surge tank is something used in conjunction with the intake manifold for when your turbo "surges"
Turbo surge, is when the pressure difference in between your exhaust wheel and the compressor wheel is so close to equal that turbo loses its ability to boost temporarily. This will make your boost 'flutter' several psi and cause an obvious loss of power. This condition happens on turbos which are spinning incredibly fast or are producing a lot of horsepower. Atleast this is what I have come to understand and is possibly wrong, its hard to find much to read on this and I need to get those damn Corky Bell books. A surge tank keeps a resvoir of pressure almost helping smooth the pressure instability within the intake manifold. I THINK = /