Old 11-26-2003, 01:10 PM   #19
Matt_240
Internet Drifter

Trader Rating: (0)
Matt_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by gh6o6
Business law:

From my notes, just because they advertised and accepted your money means that they conducted business within the united states and the US federal court district has jurisdiction over them. Im not sure the legal ways to get them here but thats up to the court. Because you are the party that was wronged and you would be the plantiff, you can bring charges in the federal court district closest to your house, or in atlanta if there going to have an office there - you home state is the most convienent though

you might be able to get a lawyer to take the case on (damn forgot the term) more likely in class action - one lawer covers eveyone with a % of that whole amount sued for.

good luck
But i know for a FACT that your federal district court has jurisdiction over them, regardless of the original country

Straight from my law book:

a site must offer some degree of interactivity (such as allowing persons to order goods from that site) to meet the minimum contacts requirement (the one that give jurisdiction)

its gets tricky with international law because everyone wants jurisdiction but the US kicks ass for its citizens.

well in that case, take them to court and beat the crap out of them.
Matt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote