View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #27
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
chuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the rough
You're right, that does sound too easy. Now that I think about it, what I wrote in my write up about having the complete subharness isn't right at all, unless you had the complete Main harness. This is what Russ told me a long time ago:

"It's basically easier, if you have a clip, to cut the harness out separately, you'll have a subharness with just a few leads to connect, power, ill, ground, and the blower motor."

Makes sense to me since you probably don't want to replace the entire Main harness. So really, what you should probably do is keep the wires/plugs that run to each of the 3 sensors, the ones that run to each of the 4 door motors (intake, mode, bi-level, air mix), and the ones that run to each of the control amps (thermo and fan). Then find sources for illumination, power, and ground. Then you need to do something about the blower motor (see page HA-104 in the SR20 FSM).

Sorry for the misinformation. Let us know how it goes.
chuonthis is offline   Reply With Quote