View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #30
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
I'll detail it better, since you guys keep talking about me.

Basically what I did and suggested in my old writeup as well as numerous posts since is this:

Take the JDM dash harness out of the clip and lay it all out, unwrapped and without any tape. Trace all the plugs you'll need for the climate control and tape them off. Everything will tie in together except for the few leads that aren't used in the US harness. In most cases you'll find other wiring running through some of the harness you'll need (cluster, radio, etc), just cut those until you've got the entire climate control harness separated from the rest of the dash harness. You'll then only need to cut the illumination lead (black on JDM, but it goes to red/yellow in the US), orange/green (+12V constant lead) , and the two large blue/whites for the blower motor that go to the control head, thus removing it entirely from the dash harness. You now have a subharness that will plug in to all the existing motors and the added sensors, with no rewiring except for the additional ones mentioned above. Leave all the US plugs alone and tape them up in the harness.

While that sounds completely logical to me, if anyone has questions go ahead and ask and I'll try to be more remedial with my explanation.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com

Last edited by projectRDM; 03-23-2008 at 11:55 AM..
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote