Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
scuba_steve91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Question Body damage estimate?

Hey guys, what prices/estimate would you give to this kind of body damage if I wanted to fix it at a professional body shop. Any posts would be appreciated.

scuba_steve91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
1 Million dollars... *Muhahahaah*

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
w/e price ya can get over fenders and side skirts for.
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

=[[[

I don't want over fenders and side skirts, I just want the body fixed..
Old 01-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
jackjack
Post Whore!

jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt_s13 View Post
1 Million dollars... *Muhahahaah*

thats going to be a good amount. just take it to a couple places and get an estimate. prices vary.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
projekt_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
projekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfectionprojekt_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projekt_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve91 View Post
=[[[

Well then, buy a new car. It isnt worth getting fixed.

projekt_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
zilvia is an internet forum
most people here are youngsters or college kids
MOST

i cant think of any body shop owners on here

here's an idea

CALL ME CRAZY

but you could go around town to body shops to get a quote?

might be crazy enough to work!!!!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
=[[[

That will fix the body... Just cover it up...
Old 01-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDyNomiTe View Post
That will fix the body... Just cover it up...
the car is entirely stock, don't think covering it up would be good. and besides, the whole car is in good condition besides that part, i think its worth fixing up. just wanted a couple rough estimates before going out to get some quotes. i would pay around 500-800 for that kind of damage, what do you think?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
more than you can afford pal
no seriously, expect around 2-3g's
5-800 you are dreaming man. sorry to burst ur bubble
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #11
Zilvia4eva
Zilvia Junkie

Zilvia4eva is making a name for him/her selfZilvia4eva is making a name for him/her self
I'm not a fan of fiberglass fenders,but in your case I say go for it....the body shop is gonna end up putting a whole lot of bondo anyway...
Zilvia4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
Mugenglare

Mugenglare is an unknown quantity at this point
I work in a body shop it all depends on what you want done.....repair 1/4 yes? From how it looks roughly 3g with out blending into the door but from the pics looks like the door doesn't match so im gonna go with 2700 to hit the dents out a lil'bit then slap body filler on and paint the 1/4.....piece of advise....go to at least 4 shops in your area....don't go to maco lol
Mugenglare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
GoodOl'S13
Zilvia Addict

GoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfectionGoodOl'S13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GoodOl'S13
I dont know, but where I live body shops will give you a free estimate. Try driving to shops in your area.

Secret Society
GoodOl'S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
did you try buffing it out?!
ATLspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLspeed View Post
did you try buffing it out?!
no i don't do body work on my own.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
RHS13KNetics
Leaky Injector

RHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choices
hey man, i was goin down a mountain and my rear fender nailed a few small boulders, mildy ugly..

next day i talked to this guy who runs some garage. what i got from his is

Over fenders $229

body repair $ 600

in the end i guess it all depends on what ur preference is, if something on my cars broken im gonna upgrade rather than get the same part again :/

just some advice
Old 01-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHS13KNetics View Post
hey man, i was goin down a mountain and my rear fender nailed a few small boulders, mildy ugly..

next day i talked to this guy who runs some garage. what i got from his is

Over fenders $229

body repair $ 600

in the end i guess it all depends on what ur preference is, if something on my cars broken im gonna upgrade rather than get the same part again :/

just some advice
how bad was your damage?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #18
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
it was 1200 for my s14 with similar damage, but it was higher up, and more on the door and without the damage below it.

the fact that someone already tried to hammer it out though, probably gonna lead to a bunch of bondo.
murda-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
RHS13KNetics
Leaky Injector

RHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choicesRHS13KNetics has made poor choices
Quote:
how bad was your damage?
well my rear clipped the boulders as i was coming down , so theres like 4 fat streaks that are indented and pretty much everything under the gas tank is folded inwards, pierced and warped the back right corner of the bumper aswell
Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #20
scuba_steve91
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHS13KNetics View Post
well my rear clipped the boulders as i was coming down , so theres like 4 fat streaks that are indented and pretty much everything under the gas tank is folded inwards, pierced and warped the back right corner of the bumper aswell
lol ouch, hope it wasnt as ouch as mines though.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #21
RHS13KNetics
Leaky Injector

Quote:
lol ouch, hope it wasnt as ouch as mines though.
what was yours like and howd it happen lol, got pics?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #22
bwake 5
Zilvia Member

bwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura aboutbwake 5 has a spectacular aura about
bondo- $9.95
sandpaper-$3.99
white spray paint-$2.99

next week hitting a wall- PRICELESS!!!!
bwake 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #23
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
the car is entirely stock, don't think covering it up would be good. and besides, the whole car is in good condition besides that part, i think its worth fixing up. just wanted a couple rough estimates before going out to get some quotes. i would pay around 500-800 for that kind of damage, what do you think?
Nah man that's gunna be about $1000 in bodywork alone, plus paint (and I bet the whole car needs paint) and you will be looking around $2000-$3000.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #24
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
yeah, if that whole bottom section of the quarter is going to need replacement..and then a matter of hammering out the rest, and then using plastic to smooth the whole area out. which isnt going to be cheap.

unless you feel like tackling it yourself, i wouldnt bother. its going to be a great deal of money, and you dont have alot of money invested in the car to begin with.

its worth a shot (doing it yourself)...i mean..it looks like crap already....even if you fail at it...its not going to look any worse.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
89singlecamnoob
Zilvia Member

89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 89singlecamnoob Send a message via Yahoo to 89singlecamnoob
looks to me like the perfect time to go widebody :P
Old 01-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #26
sfljdmej2
Leaky Injector

sfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enough
idk why you guys would think of bondo and stuff i say get the 1/4 skin off another fastback and take yours off,if you want bondo you know its gonna come out like shit cause thats not a little hit i say with parts and labor maybe 1g if not their jipping you.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #27
womenbeshoppin
Zilvia Addict

womenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfectionwomenbeshoppin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to womenbeshoppin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
zilvia is an internet forum
most people here are youngsters or college kids
MOST

i cant think of any body shop owners on here

here's an idea

CALL ME CRAZY

but you could go around town to body shops to get a quote?

might be crazy enough to work!!!!
YOUR FUCKING CRAZY!!!! INSANNNNE
womenbeshoppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #28
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
The damage I have on my car was a larger dent buy the gas filler neck. W/ someones failed attempt at PDR and the body shop wanter $8-- as the lowest price, and that wasn't putting a new 1/4 in. So In my opinion you are WELL over 2500.

Leave it sand out the rust, spray paint the car and use it for a beater tell it blows up. Use money you were going to for body work and get a different car.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfljdmej2 View Post
idk why you guys would think of bondo and stuff i say get the 1/4 skin off another fastback and take yours off,if you want bondo you know its gonna come out like shit cause thats not a little hit i say with parts and labor maybe 1g if not their jipping you.
well even if you took the skin off another s chassis...you'd still need to have SOME plastic work to even it out.

plastic work isnt bad in moderation, to take out the smaller imperfection that you just can do without hours of metal work.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #30
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
what caused the damage? just curious, anyways you're best bet is to take it to several body shops. Any reputable place will give you a free written estimate.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote