Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wink Custom center console how to!:tokidoki

Hi,
Lots of questions and compliments (THANKS!!!) on how I did my custom Tokidoki panel.
Still working out kinks here and there, any advise or feedback on what you discover is more than welcome! So here ya go!

Tools needed:
Printer
Thick paper (preferably glossy)
Modpage (go to your art store)
Exacto knife

Prep
Remove center console, clean off with clean wipes, remove the four screws on the back of the shift boot.

1. Find a LARGE image of your liking
180dpi being the smallest 300dpi working the best ( you want a big image so that there is no pixelation and the image will fit on your console) Crop, enlarge your image in photoshop (or equivalent)to you're liking.

2. Print your image out on a color printer, for my first one I used post-it photo sticky paper, I found you can even use regular gloss paper that is stock at kinko's. (this is the hardest part) Do some test prints and enlarge/ crop to you're liking. Crop you're image into two parts on a horizontal plain
I payed per min. at Kinko's 'design station' and printed everything from photoshop and set my own paper i the trays*helps if you have the hook-up there.

3. Once your image is printed out on the 2 sheets, use your MODPAGE to paste up the back of the images completely. Go ahead and just smear it on there, if it gets on the front of the paper, don't worry, just wipe it off, it should not smear the image. That's the beauty of modpage.

*extra info
Yeah,
At first I used Post-it sticky back photo paper, but that did not work quite right, too stiff. I actually screwed up on the print and printed it on the back paper that you peel off! (that's why it says post-it,heh) So I used this and shmeared on some modpage with my finger and covered all of it, don't worry it doesn't bleed the color. Then adhere to said plastic console just like you would a sticker!
You can pretty much use any paper you can print on; but the higher quality i.e. gloss, paper weight, the better. You could probably use the color gloss paper kinko's has. You don't neccesarily have to go to kniko's. If you have a printer at home you can use that as well.

So any good glossy paper you can print on will be sufficient.

And yes just put it on like a sticker (cause you're making the sticker)glue on picture paper, bam!Sticker!

4. Now, adhere the 2 pieces to the console, line-up the images to match, just like a giant sticker.

5. the left side of the console will be a bit tricky, you can just cut it off before it rounds off or you can cut the folding points and then put another image on top to cover it.

6.Let set to dry, when the image is dry use a stencil blade or an axacto knife to trace where the radio, and other holes go. Just trace 'em out with the blade.

you can see the sticky paper messed up on one side, So I just used the post-it back, HA, I liked how it looked.
7.Pop console back in and let all admire!

Last edited by worangejuice; 11-29-2007 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: :)
worangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
hijack3d
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond reputehijack3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow... that's actually pretty cool... wouldn't be the design I chose, but I always like seeing "something new."

I'd give you Rep if I knew how... LOL... Must be the spirit that counts.

Don't worry, it's legit: Review (Thanks Mike)
hijack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
Wow, I thought i was the only one who did this. Pretty cool yo.

Instead of paper, i used fabric. Works a lot better
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
tdub377
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ Thats pretty cool man. Turned out really good.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
"Instead of paper, i used fabric. Works a lot better "
Yeah, umm I can't find any tokidoki fabric, was gonna make a shift boot, but like this better, so paper it is!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
midnightouge
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
midnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfectionmidnightouge is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
that looks clean too!
+rep

midnightouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
AznDrftr.
BANNED

AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worangejuice View Post
"Instead of paper, i used fabric. Works a lot better "
Yeah, umm I can't find any tokidoki fabric, was gonna make a shift boot, but like this better, so paper it is!

Yea understand. But i found some though.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #8
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn...... thats cool. i like.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #9
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
TOOOOOOOOOKIDOOOOOOOOOKI!!!!

i love that shit...and NO im not ghey :ghey:

looks awesome!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
qt_240
Nissanaholic!

qt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really nice
can you email me some of your prints? that would be awesome.. and greatly appreciated =)
qt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
you could have marketed off of this. lol nice though.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Not a bad deal... looks pretty good, especially with your steering wheel. I just have no clue what I'd use as a picture/pattern...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #13
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Bobafreak,yeah I thought about making them myself but probably not enough money in it for the time spent, and if I sent them out and they saw it was just paper I think they'd be like WTF. Although I may take some requests.

QT240,oh yeah just google tokidoki or whatever you want and select images as large
Old 11-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #14
Petoria
Leaky Injector

Petoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats great man. I'm going to be searching for something cool to put on my S14. How did that Mod Podge effect the plastic?
Petoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #15
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
worange ill +1 rep you later i ran out for today giving negatives to those i needed to rip on. >_<
Old 11-09-2007, 05:28 PM   #16
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Perotia, the last one I had on there , I just peeled off and washed off with soap and water, palstic was kool

Bobafreak, koolio
Old 11-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #17
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
It's funny 'cause you're negative reps have no affect on anybody.

LOLzz.

Nice console!

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #18
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCrimson240xX View Post
It's funny 'cause you're negative reps have no affect on anybody.

LOLzz.

Nice console!
its funny how i wasnt talking to
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #19
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Chaa, whateverzz.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #20
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Chaa, whateverzz.

no worries at all.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #21
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Keep it on topic..... >_<

btw, I may have you do mine in Kuromi!!!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #22
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Never!

I'll have to jack it if he makes you a Kuromi one.

To think it all started with a shift boot...

Haha.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #23
onabulletride

onabulletride is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that is awesome. Im a super nerd for saying this but i can imagine a totoro center console in my car.
onabulletride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #24
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Never!

I'll have to jack it if he makes you a Kuromi one.

To think it all started with a shift boot...

Haha.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don't steal it!!! I know, a shift boot and my Kuromi passion!

In all seriousness, that console is badassery.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #25
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
Hey stop by and I will clear it for just $10.00 That shit would look pimp. Let me know. The same I used on my car. Yeah.....................
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #26
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Simple and clean, beautiful. My sister gives you rep.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #27
ecuastyle84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ecuastyle84
thats pretty cool...+rep for you buddy
ecuastyle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #28
AznDrftr.
BANNED

Yea if you need help let me know, i did my dash console too, i'll see to take some pics here pretty soon.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #29
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Forgive my ignorance (or maybe just my old age), but what is this and why do we need it in our car?

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for the cool idea/work... But Im not a fan of having my dashboard look like a 12 year old school girl's backpack.