Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
that bagged 240 is cool in a different kinda way...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan
that bagged 240 is cool in a different kinda way...
No. You're lying and you're a liar for saying that.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 10-29-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ no its not lol.

hey can somone help me out here, trying to fit my wheels and its giving me drama.

can somone who has aero and 18s please measure the sideskirt to ground clearance of their car in front of the rear wheel, and behind the front wheel, and post a pic or 2?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #4
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
^^^ no its not lol.

hey can somone help me out here, trying to fit my wheels and its giving me drama.

can somone who has aero and 18s please measure the sideskirt to ground clearance of their car in front of the rear wheel, and behind the front wheel, and post a pic or 2?
i hope you realize that every company's sideskirts are different sized right? so the accurate measurment is measuring from the middle of the fender to the ground.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx
i hope you realize that every company's sideskirts are different sized right? so the accurate measurment is measuring from the middle of the fender to the ground.
not on my car. if sombody could just give me a measurment that would be super cool, i just need sort of a baseline so to speak.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
not on my car. if sombody could just give me a measurment that would be super cool, i just need sort of a baseline so to speak.
I gotcha back mang

On my s14 kouki with origin and 18s its about 2 1/2" front and rear on the lowest part of the skirts.

Last edited by TokyoNights; 10-29-2005 at 06:15 PM..
Old 10-29-2005, 03:28 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I like how the sticker says "Drop & Destroy" They definately destroyed a good chassis there.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #8
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Parked in the grass today so I could use the driveway to work on someone else's car. Grass helps add to the illusion that it's lower.

I'll be ordering KTS coils after a the first of the year, and hopefully getting better wheels and tires. Then it'll be slammed.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #9
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
measure from the frame rail to the ground in the front and back (front behind front wheels and rear before rear wheels)

that should give you an idea

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 10-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #10
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
My *new* car...

Old 10-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #11
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
sex

coupe i hope

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 10-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #12
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
It's a coupe.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:56 AM   #13
doc99
Zilvia Member

doc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of light
My old car. If utah roads wern't so lame, my current car would be just as low.

Mind the lame wheels

Old 10-30-2005, 04:13 AM   #14
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ewwwww.. Oki..

Old 10-30-2005, 04:46 AM   #15
doc99
Zilvia Member

doc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of light
easy ...I loved oki
Old 10-30-2005, 06:20 AM   #16
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I didn't enjoy it much... I bet if I'd been able to drive, I would've.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:23 AM   #17
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
You can never win with 15 inch wheels.
Cheating for lowness....
Old 11-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #18
Tygma
Zilvia Addict

Tygma is making a name for him/her selfTygma is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstiffy
You can never win with 15 inch wheels.
Cheating for lowness....
Well what's your definition of low?

My defintion is on the frame rails, therefore 15's would ultimately make you win if you were slammed, nottttttt cheating.

I dont consider the car to be low if the body kit helps... it may look cool and may look low, but usually has great clearance.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #19
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygma
Well what's your definition of low?

My defintion is on the frame rails, therefore 15's would ultimately make you win if you were slammed, nottttttt cheating.

I dont consider the car to be low if the body kit helps... it may look cool and may look low, but usually has great clearance.
Not body kit...wheels. Tucking tire AT LEAST, maybe rim in rear.

I used to rock 15s ..sure the car was low...but it didn't really look cool.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #20
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews

got the rears on 560mm front 580mm back
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #21
Ian
Post Whore!

How do you find the exact point on the fender to measure from?

I think when we brag about ride height, from now on, we should brag in finger widths from the frame to the ground front and back corners

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 11-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #22
genetic
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
genetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Low enough?

Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #23
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Height: from ground to peak of fender arch.

Lowness: this thread is about low cars, not low bumpers, body kits and whatever else.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #24
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
lol. cheater lips. Hey rbs14, any new updated pictures of your car?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #25
Ian
Post Whore!

yeah, i have trouble finding the technical peak of my fender :-\

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 11-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #26
genetic
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
genetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura aboutgenetic has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah i guess lol, thought it was a cool picture. So any new pics of your car RBS14.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #27
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i scrape frame coming out of my driveway...today coming out of my driveway i ripped my lip off
Old 11-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #28
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
No new event pics. Havn't had any around that I've felt it's worth going to. Hopefully some soon. Supposedly there is going to be another Drift Circuit event in November, so that would be cool.

Couple more pics. Hardparking.

Slammed car + lots of camber = a sunken FN battleship.

So much camber there's no dirt on the outside of my tire. hahaha

And these are for sale if anyone wants them. I've got extra tires too. PM me if you're interested. I'll post them for sale soon.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:03 AM   #29
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ah ha! That's why your wheels don't rub up front Panda! Sunken FNs!!

So hot... what kinda wheels are those in the rear there?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #30
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

I'll be getting spacers for the fronts soon. 15 or 20mm. Havn't decided yet.

rears are "hotwheels". I don't like the black tho, so I'm gonna scuff it up and paint the centers bright silver.

Then probably a ridiculous neon sometime like the steelies posted above.