Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #61
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
is that safe to cut and not brace it ?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #62
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
dude im diggin the idea but cut the hood out and do it correct, i saw a siltruck in some jap video any other out their, anyone got pics im to lazy to search
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #63
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eds13
everything will be braced properly. i don't understand why you guys dont like the idea of a hood. i had one already, its braced on the inside and i plan on putting a full cage in it.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:01 AM   #64
89dc240
Zilvia Junkie

89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough
Who gives a fuck if its a hood. A piece of metal to fit there, thick enough could've been like $75 bucks. Thats money better spent elsewhere. It's not a show car.
89dc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #65
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
werd. $75 paid for most of the other metal i need
Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #66
Gaelen
Zilvia Member

Gaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfectionGaelen is close to perfection
looks like a good start
The car looks in pretty good shape, as for the hood, well man it's metal and if you have it there why not. It's doesn't look like it will be a show car so what does it matter. Can't say I would have done the truck route but it's not turning out bad at all.

I'm interested to see what you're going to do with the bed

good on ya man, and your dad for getting in there with you
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #67
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I wish my dad would help me build shit... He hates that I spend so much money on cars.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #68
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
everyones dad does that, because they are jealous and hate thier life and when they are finally dieing they buy a porshe and stop busting your balls.

story of life.

just tell them at least your not spending all the money on cocaine or something
Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 PM   #69
prang11
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
prang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sweet build, good to see something different every now and again. Almost want to call it a jap rat rod because of you using the hood. Use what you got....

Everyone that is bitching about this build should shut up, its not thier car.
prang11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #70
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Curious to see how this build goes, I had a hatch a year ago that was pretty beat up and the plan was to go truck but then I realized I could sell it and put that money into my s14. $1000 > silcamino. Now that the s14 is closer to done though if I come across a super cheap hatch I would still like to do it. But take the time and do it a little cleaner.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #71
nismo-joe
Zilvia Member

nismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud of
i love the idea, i tried lookin for one already done when i went out to by my s14.... sad to say i couldn't find one. kinda kool to see someone making a build thread out of one. he only thing i see wrong with this build is tryin to do it on what looks like a small budget. good luck man lookin decent so far. what kind of cage are you going to put in it?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #72
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
good luck with making it track worthy. especially to get on VIR. see if you can get a tech to inspect the car before you register and so forth so you will know if you have to add more this and that or if you pass and ready to jam.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #73
Jpooks_S13
Leaky Injector

Jpooks_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
using a hood isnt that bad of an idea to me..the skelleton will just make it more rigid and i take it hes going to cover the interior part with the sheet metal he ordered so it wont be visable anyway..idk maybe im ghetto too but it makes sense?
Jpooks_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #74
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
That's awesome!

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #75
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

i dont know what i'm doing for a cage yet. i'm either gonna get a bolt-in one then add on to it. or just make one myself. i just checked into metal for the cage and DOM spec stuff is $6 ft.!!! so yeah, time will tell
Old 06-15-2007, 08:23 PM   #76
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
I vote somebody posts some pictures of some sick silcaminos... Google images isnt doing shit for me.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #77
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff

google works good.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #78
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
it can look ok if done right.... ehhhh different strokes for different folks, at least it's not a honda.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #79
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
what are your plans for wheels and tires for the track? if you are thinking about getting rid of those stock rims let me know.
Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:45 PM   #80
steezy
Leaky Injector

steezy is an unknown quantity at this point
at least the interior isnt that bad
steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #81
steezy
Leaky Injector

steezy is an unknown quantity at this point
this is one dope project, for the $100 bucks you spent, fuckin dope. have fun with it
steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #82
wonkuuzenki
Zilvia Junkie

wonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-knownwonkuuzenki is making his/her stupidity well-known
Why the fuck did you post twice?^
and looks like some good fun. Just make sure to do it right, even if you are on a strict budget.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #83
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

not trying to cut any corners on this either. cheap, but i want to do it right. i want it to be scca, nasa, and fia, legal.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:58 AM   #84
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
BTW the team orange truck died in vegas. backed into a wall, sent natao suenaga to the hospital. the team orange truck was not really built with safety in mind, just basic japanese cusco style cage and what not. I figure make safety your main aspect. the engine deal with it that after you have the chassis itself completed.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:42 AM   #85
lexusisforlovers
Leaky Injector

lexusisforlovers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lexusisforlovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiggler666 View Post
dude im diggin the idea but cut the hood out and do it correct, i saw a siltruck in some jap video any other out their, anyone got pics im to lazy to search
type in drift mix on you tube. there is a blue siltruck in their somewhere
lexusisforlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:10 AM   #86
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
heres some pix i saved up

and heres a s15 varietta or w/e u call it for fun

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:14 AM   #87
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

s15 varietta FTW!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #88
SilvStylin45s
Leaky Injector

SilvStylin45s is making a name for him/her selfSilvStylin45s is making a name for him/her self
Good luck on the build man. Keep safety as your #1 priority and you will be fine. I can vouch for the NY people, that car easily would went for about 1k, motor blown or w/e. As long as there is little to no rust, sale price starts at 1k. here is a pic of one of my favorite silminos.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #89
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
You should have built the cage before you welded that rear wall thing in.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #90
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
man you guys are in a world of work to make this look nice.

hood idea was pretty bad. should have welded a piece of 16 or 14 gauge with a cut out for the window and holes for the cage. just use rubber grommets for the cage passing through the wall.

the hood idea is grotesque. track car or not make it look nice. and your bed needs alot of work.