Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #31
ta2maki

Trader Rating: (0)
ta2maki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
edit: my urethane bushings were only installed for about a year.. IMO, thats not acceptable wear characteristics for 1 year use.
Wow, only 1 year? I thought you had them for longer. Was there any signs of wear that you could tell before removing them(like squeaking)?
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #32
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
glad you found em mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM   #33
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So Mike these ones wont work in the Nismo control arms?

The Nismo Shop : West Covina Nissan : Nismo Reinforced Suspension Link Bushings - S13

are the bushings different sizes between the stock arms and the Nismo arms?
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #34
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I went online and looked for the bushings and got confused on the great description of where the bushings go. Is there a master list online somewhere that tells what ones are needed and where they go? Kinda curious since I have a small clunk again, the collars worked for a while, but I think new bushings are needed!
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #35
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Okay guys...........

LAST bushing I need. And I am not talking about a pair, I am talking about ONE fucking bushing.

54560-RS590

I currently have ONE, and its in its original, ugly NISMO font (80s looking) box. I need one more. This is for the front lower control arm (s14-s15).

Please. Help me find this ONE bushing. Someone has it. I have money. I will exchange money for this piece of rubber and metal.

Thank you.

edit: here is a pic of said, ugly nismo box. fuck i hate this font, sooooo glad nissan changed it. no wonder they were sucking it up during the mid 90s. no vtack.. no resptepa (err respect)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #36
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
LAST bushing I need. And I am not talking about a pair, I am talking about ONE fucking bushing.
54560-RS590

Just an update to let everyone know, I think I picked up the last Nismo front LCA bushing in the States. This completes my Nismo bushing replacement mission.

I just thought you guys (vendors included) would like to know that this is yet another bushing that is next to near impossible to find and fairly popular. Unless these bushings are available through Canada/Japan, the only other alternative is to purchase them complete (entire nismo control arm).

Man.... so much for building another 240. It seems that this is becoming more and more of a challenge every day as less and less parts are available.

Good luck people.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #37
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
you're telling me, im already starting to hoard discontinued parts for this reason. Someone needs to keep this stuff around for future builds/morgage payments.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #38
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
The moment I turn 21, I'll buy you a beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98s14inaz View Post
We'll agree to disagree. As you were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Same question. Yeah, didn't think so either.

Mike has provided proof to support his opinion, you have not.

Dismissed.
LOL

Quote:

here we go bitches, i cant believe i managed to find the last fucking 4 in existence in north america. these look older than dirt too, the packaging is starting to fuckin deteriorate. pathetic, i hate new old stock... might as well start selling old diapers

i sure hope that the dealers will start to push to get these bushings again, otherwise its full control arms for everyone. now that i think about it, full control arms isnt bad unless you already have reinforced arms. but anyway.. glad to see that gears are turning and our beloved dealers will attempt to restock these hard to find parts.

mike
Quote:
Just an update to let everyone know, I think I picked up the last Nismo front LCA bushing in the States.

jeenkies, ill hit up some Canadian sources...see wat they tell me and ill update in this thread there current situation on all this stuff...
were there any other specific bushings u had a hard time finding so i can give them those numbers aswell

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #39
Mirage
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Mirage is making a name for him/her selfMirage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mirage
I ordered Nismo S14 FLCA bushings back in december from my dealer and had no problem getting them, they came in the regular new style labeled baggy, 54560-RS590. Next time i'm at Nissan I'll get him to pull some of the other nismo bushing part numbers and see if he can't check the status on them.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #40
ixfxi
Post Whore!

From what i've been able to gather, the following bushings are not available:

front LCA
rear LCA
Subframe

full control arms, and of course, complete subframes ARE available. though, nismo doesnt sell a subframe with nismo bushings.. so scratch that. but the arms though, are still avail.

good luck gentlemen.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #41
boske
Zilvia Member

boske is an unknown quantity at this point
uh oh, I just had my rlca's powdercoated, and the bushings burned out of the arms. Has anyone found these yet? I just need the nismo rlca bushings for my factory arms.
boske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #42
boske
Zilvia Member

boske is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like the s13 part number is 55045-RS580, which is even harder to find.
boske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:08 AM   #43
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boske View Post
uh oh, I just had my rlca's powdercoated, and the bushings burned out of the arms. Has anyone found these yet? I just need the nismo rlca bushings for my factory arms.
good luck, dont think anyone has them here states-side... might want to try sourcing through japan

that, or order the nismo reinforced LCA

or, buy some urethane is thats your bag...
Old 09-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #44
Chris@Fortune-Auto
Zilvia Member

Chris@Fortune-Auto is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Chris@Fortune-Auto
Quote:
Standard/stock LCA's. Just rears.

I have the bushings/ball joints out of a pair in the garage.

Having the stuff powdercoated.

Rather than spending $300 on the pair of Nismo LCA's, I'd rather just buy the bushings themselves since I already have Moog ball joints for them.

If you can actually ever find the bushings, you can always DIY the arms, you get the same result for a lot less:

Old 09-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #45
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
That actually doesn't look too bad.

I have to pick up my order with Ray at West Covina Nissan for the Spindle bushings.

As far as those arms go, I have all Cusco adjustable arms. So, if I do end up getting the bushings for the traction, toe, and camber arms, I'll definitely use them on my daily.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #46
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
I'll definitely use them on my daily.
thats pretty much wat i wanna do

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #47
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Okay, question.

Got my bushings from Ray yesterday.

I know 4 of them are correct, but the other 2 I'm kind of iffy about.

Are they the correct bushings that go where the toe arm bolts onto the spindle?

(The pair on the right)

At a glance, it doesn't look wide enough for it, but maybe I'm wrong?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #48
mel@performancenissan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
mel@performancenissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Okay, question.

Got my bushings from Ray yesterday.

I know 4 of them are correct, but the other 2 I'm kind of iffy about.

Are they the correct bushings that go where the toe arm bolts onto the spindle?

(The pair on the right)

At a glance, it doesn't look wide enough for it, but maybe I'm wrong?
The 55152-RS520 is for the toe arm on the spindle 1 for each side
mel@performancenissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #49
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel@performancenissan View Post
The 55152-RS520 is for the toe arm on the spindle 1 for each side
Awesome.

Thanks! Really appreciate the answer.

I found a full set of Nismo subframe bushings.

Thinking about jumping on the set.

Are all 4 bushings the same size?

I remember Ray saying something about 3 still being available and 1 being discontinued(this was a long time ago).

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #50
Bumnah
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Bumnah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumnah
Deflection is important even at the track. Many BMW's use special hardened rubber on their race cars vs heim joints or urethane. I have primarily spherical bearings on my early 90s japanese box, and my lower control arms have urethane. It was more cost effective pressing in urethane than new rubber bushings.

I completely understand why you went the route you did, I won't be surprised if I end up going that route myself after a while.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #51
Dream240
Nissanaholic!

Dream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure you guys know about this website

Nismoparts.com - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories

These are for the S13/Z32 bushing (55045-RS580) pieces. Not sure if they can get the S14 (55045-RS590) ones.

Also, just a side thought about PU, You guys hate Urethane because of the greasing factor? What grease did you use, and where are you driving? I'm only asking because I've got PU FLCA, Front and Rear sway bar sets, tension rods, and diff. carrier bushing set installed. Some for a while, and no squeaking or deteriorating. I live in So Cal, so maybe the weather has something to do with it?

As for them being cheap, yes they are, and yes you get what you pay for. But IMO they way better than leaving in busted up 15 year old OEM bushings or replacing with the same OEM part for the price.

Now I did go with Nismo for steering rack, subframe bushings, all engine mounts and rear strut bushings and that's mainly because I've grandfathered the bushings from my old car. I do love them but hate the cost.

Then again since I am on my 5th 240 and really want to spend the good cash on the engine rebuild at this point, I am settling for ebay RUCAs and toe arms. Car is aligned good, handles good, and I'm happy. I know I'm prolly the poster child for ebay whores but I don't care. I don't use credit to buy my stuff and I have a child and a mortgage. So I do what I can.

I do love me some 240s though, so I've accepted my plight.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #52
jspecusa
Premium Member

jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
When the welds on the eBay arms
broke on you on the freeway.
You will totally regret getting them.
I would rather keep my stock arms
with bad bushing then go eBay.
Your life, your car, other people's life
are all at risk on you being cheap.
Think about it.

Last edited by jspecusa; 11-20-2009 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Oops
jspecusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #53
Dream240
Nissanaholic!

Dream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond reputeDream240 has a reputation beyond repute
I've used the ebay arms on 3 of my cars, I drive Ortega highway daily, and I've had NO problems for years! This isn't the first car I've used them on.

Maybe I've just been lucky and gotten good quality parts? Or are you saying they break because they are not track worthy?

I could see that being the case since the stresses of the track are totally different thant the street. And I don't track my cars, not yet.

EDIT: Okay so would you guys stick Godspeed in your "junk" list of ebay stuff? So far the arms I bought from them work really good and seem well built...

Last edited by Dream240; 11-20-2009 at 01:19 PM..
Dream240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #54
PrecisionZ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
PrecisionZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow I didn't know these bushing's were so popular. I gotta hit up some of my Japan sources. We should complain and get Nismo to start making more. I was hoping to get these for my cousins project s13.
PrecisionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #55
mel@performancenissan
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Awesome.

Thanks! Really appreciate the answer.

I found a full set of Nismo subframe bushings.

Thinking about jumping on the set.

Are all 4 bushings the same size?

I remember Ray saying something about 3 still being available and 1 being discontinued(this was a long time ago).
3 of the 4 are available. and 1 is disco.

you need
2 of 55440-rs520 FRONT still available
2 of 55442-rs520 REAR disco
Old 11-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #56
mel@performancenissan
Zilvia Junkie

I have found a source for the following bushing for S13 ONLY, but they come as a complete kit.
I have circled the bushings that will be included in KIT. This included the discountinued 55045-rs580 for rear lower arm. I will be getting a limited supply. Should be getting in the next week or so.Contact for pricing

Kit includes:
2 FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS
4 REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS
6 SPINDLE
2 TOE
2 TRACTION
2 RUCA

Last edited by mel@performancenissan; 11-20-2009 at 04:16 PM..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #57
jspecusa
Premium Member

jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Nismo might have discontinued the bushings, but the company that makes
the bushing for Nismo still make it.
There's a chain store call Pitworks(lik Pepboys or Autozone) that carries
alot of Nismo product under their brand(Pitworks).
Anyone in Japan can order it or any importer can order it still.
Bushing will never be discontinued because it's a replacement part and
alot of the Nissan cars share the same bushing just different part numbers.
Cross reference is the key.
Cheers,

Sam
Old 11-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #58
mel@performancenissan
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
Nismo might have discontinued the bushings, but the company that makes
the bushing for Nismo still make it.
There's a chain store call Pitworks(lik Pepboys or Autozone) that carries
alot of Nismo product under their brand(Pitworks).
Anyone in Japan can order it or any importer can order it still.
Bushing will never be discontinued because it's a replacement part and
alot of the Nissan cars share the same bushing just different part numbers.
Cross reference is the key.
Cheers,

Sam

That is true Pitworks does make some of the nismo parts. We can also order pitwork parts thru Nissan Motorsports. They cost twice as much. Anyways I will have 5 kits in ToTal.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #59
jspecusa
Premium Member

That's sad consider they cost almost 1/2 the price of Nismo in Japan.
Nissan Motorsport need to bring in better parts and more brands due to their
huge connection in Japan, but need to be fair priced.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #60
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I might want a set.

PM sent
badicalradical is offline   Reply With Quote