Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Slotting my apexi coilovers- QUICK advice

My tires now rub my apexi exv coilovers a LITTLE BIT. I am going to slot the coilovers a little to add tire clearance.

I had ksport before and i believe they were slotted on the BOTTOM of the two upright bolts. However, when looking through pictures on here i found some cusco coilovers which have the TOP hole slotted.

I'm confused(or just remembered wrong about my ksports)... With the top hole slotted, i could only get MORE negative camber, bringing the tire closer to my coilover... RIGHT?

Do you agree that i need to slot my LOWER hole to gain a little clearance between tire and coil? Quick help/opinions would be appriciated.

EDIT- I'M NOT going to add another spacer, pull fenders, etc. I have the fitment i want but need a few mm between tire/spring. Have tried camber bolts but they are thin and scary for use on a track. And before you guys flame about offset/wheel size.... 9.5 plus 17 offset, 255/35 street slick tire.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The top hole will give you more adjustment because the coilover will be rotating on the bottom bolt. Do it like this, take either bolt out, just one, and rotate the spindle, see which one gives you the most range and then grind that hole out as needed. Grinding the top hole further out, towards the wheel, will give you plenty of space I would think.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Great. Thank you very much for the reply. I was a little weary of slotting the top one OUT due to lack of material, but i suppose i only need to remove a couple mm of material...
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
5t341tH
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute5t341tH has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 5t341tH
i'd like to see how this works. can u possibly take pics when you are doing/done this? thanks

lexus baby
5t341tH is offline   Reply With Quote