Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
sleepinsilvia23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Coldpipe

I am in the middle of swapping a redtop sr20 into my 95' 240sx. I have recently ordered a intercooler kit from a company(not brand name intercooler). The intercooler fits well but the pipe that fits to the throttle body appears to be for a s14 sr20. So now i need to either buy a coldpipe for a s13 intercooler kit or sell this kit and buy a new one.

What i am asking for is some suggestions on how i can fix this problem? Or if anyone has a pipe that fits to the throttle body for a s13 kit?

Thank you
Jordan
sleepinsilvia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
like what isnt fitting? like in what way? u could cut the pipe to fit
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #3
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Yeah, either try cutting the pipe or put a large silicone coupler on that bish.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well I know your problem...You were supposed to get the kit for the engine, not the chassis. The S13 SR manifold sits at an angle vs the S14 piping thats kinda straight on. Your best bet would prolly be to go to a muffler shop and see if they can make a pipe thatll be down into the TB. Then just cut or swap out the cold pipe you have now for that one. Bring the whole cold side pipes from the fmic to the shop and show em what you need done, shouldnt be too hard for them to figure out. Shouldnt cost you anything more than $30 or less if you know somebody with a welder and some pipes.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
sleepinsilvia23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura aboutsleepinsilvia23 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah, i didnt think about the difference between the s13 sr and the s14 sr TB placement.
Im gonna try to take it to a shop, i just dont know how im gonna be able to get the right angle on the pipe down to the tb.
sleepinsilvia23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
It's definitely gonna be cheaper to get your current setup re-welded to fit than to buy S13 SR piping. I'd just approximate how far it's off height-wise and angle-wise, and tell the shop to change it. Obviously it'd be better if you had a friend with a S13 SR to drive to the shop and show them the fitment problem...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
robertftw
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
robertftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i had got a off brand fmic kit from ebay for my s13 and was putting in a redtop and had to change pipe on both sides, cold side thad the most changes and the clamps were to big. must have been a poor design. 4 months no leaks in pipe or ic.
robertftw is offline   Reply With Quote