Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Early JDM climate control vs digital climate control (s-13)

I am doing a ca18 swap for my buddy and his clip came with the early (non-digital) climate control. I want to put the climate control in his fastback, but I wanna use a digital unit. Does the wiring and sensors crossover directly from the early climate control to the digital one or do I need a new harness? I have all the harnesses and the control unit for the early climate control, I have found a DCC control unit for really cheap, and I have found plenty of write-ups on the DCC install so I just need to know if the wiring and sensors would crossover from the early one to the DCC unit.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I think that there are sensors involved with the digital climate control that don't exist on the older ones.. such as in-cabin temp and a few others.

doesn't the write-up detail what you need?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Ragnarok043
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Ragnarok043 is making a name for him/her selfRagnarok043 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you definitely need the DCC harness, it converts the standard harness to the DCC and it has the connectors for the additional sensors such as the sun load sensor, cabin temp sensor and the air mix motor.
Ragnarok043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Start pulling your buddies clip apart looking for all the appropriate sensors, there is a list in all the FAQ's I found on the net. If you are missing sensors try contacting Kaizouten at:

[email protected]
Old 03-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I read the faq for that and I think I like the analog just fine lol. Granted the digital would be cool it's a whole lot of work and old wires to fiddle with.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
It has the sunload sensor and the vent temp sensor that mounts in the little tube for sure.

EDIT: I just checked the write-up and it appears that all the necessary sensors and parts are there. Will it plug in though? Do all the sensors operate the same? I would think so but I would like an experienced opinion.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
It has the sunload sensor and the vent temp sensor that mounts in the little tube for sure.

EDIT: I just checked the write-up and it appears that all the necessary sensors and parts are there. Will it plug in though? Do all the sensors operate the same? I would think so but I would like an experienced opinion.
Not a lot of people here have done the conversion from what I've searched, I think your best bet is hitting up the member "broadway" i think it is, he has the conversion done in his car and probably could best tell you from "experience"
Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
rongfk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
rongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i got what you need. take a look.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=173392
you can find the digital units from 25-50 bucks. so all you need is the unit, sub-harness, and some of the things that i have. you already have the rest.

for sale: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=193169

-1990 s13 hb w/all jdm 180sx goodies... gone to fresno
-1985 ae86 gts turbo... going threw a heart transplant
-1963 euro ragtop bug... asleep in the garage

Luv 2 Build, Luv 2 Show, Luv 2 Cruise!....
rongfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
racepar1
Post Whore!

I have all that stuff from the analog climate control that came in the clip! I already found a digital control unit for cheap as well. What I do need is knowledge on weather or not everything that I DO have crosses over to the digital unit. I would assume that nissan would use all the same stuff in order to cut costs, I just wanna be sure. The way this is going I think I'll just buy the unit and try it.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 AM   #10
Ragnarok043
Zilvia Member

Ragnarok043 is making a name for him/her selfRagnarok043 is making a name for him/her self
in that case if the connector fits the DCC unit, then you should be fine. just make sure you have all the correct sensors and connectors to plug them into. for me the hardest part was installing the linkage arm to the air mix door, mounting the air mix motor and chopping the blower speed sensor fins.
Ragnarok043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
racepar1
Post Whore!

^^^ Ya i saw that I would have to build a bracket, but that is no biggie. The unit I found has the pigtails, but no sensors and other wiring so I can for sure make it work. Thakns for the replies guys.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:36 AM   #12
tunedbyjdm

Trader Rating: (0)
tunedbyjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
does your CA18 clip's analog climate control comes with the sun load sensor and airmix motor?
tunedbyjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #13
Ca_laurier
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Ca_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if its an auto climate control unit all you need to do is hook the digital head on to it. I have done it on 2 silvia's and both of them have worked

just make sure you actually have the whole harness
Ca_laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #14
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
ok i think i understand your question.

you have a clip that came with one of these (this is what i will be using, i don't care about fancy smancy digital displays)

so you want to know if the harness for this type of control unit will work on the DCC. i've been slowly rewiring mine, and all of the info on the internet seemed to match my harness. if you want i could take pictures or something...PM me if you need something
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #15
racepar1
Post Whore!

^^^That's exactly it! I have decided to just wing it and go for it. The DCC unit came with the pigtails so even if the non-digital unit's connectors don't match I can still wire it up. And I DID remove the ALL of the A/C wiring from the dash harness so anything I need will be there. I honestly won't get to doing this for a while though.