Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
sleep
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Highway Robbery

ok so i'm looking for a daily beater of a 240 while mine sits and collects more then dust.............

Call a dealer who had someone trading 1 in last night... said it was a red hatchback 90'

Called me today and told me it was...

A hatchback...
A 90'
Was in "Great condition"
Had 135k.....
Wanted $1900 if it was cash

I went up to look at it right after work...

Grey Coupe
89'

I had to wait for him for about 10 minutes. So i started looking the car over.

In the order i noticed everything...

No clearcoat on the roof, and big spots peeling off on the sides.
Light hit on the drivers front where the bumper meets the bottom of the fender.
Missing interior components (minor things)
Rotted exhaust
trashed struts
No brakes needs rotors
Transmission was nice and wet...
Dust boots on the tie rods were rotted/ripped off at the rack. Rod under where the boot should have been were not very pretty and moved away from the rack when tugged.

Pop the hood....

Timing chain sounded like it was going to snap any minuted
anti freeze reservoir had 2 big rotted holes..
Inside the reservoir was what looked to be oil.....
Popped the oil fill off after i had it run for 5 minutes...
Smoke coming from the head

thick black brake fluid and clutch fluid.
rotted belts..

He walked over to me and said "Nice isn't it!"

I told him it needed a ton of work and $1,900 was wayyyyy too much. He said to get straight to the bottom line. I told him i wouldn't go near it for anything over a grand. He said goodbye and walked away...turned around and told me to drive it and he'll work on some numbers...

I hopped in already knowing what i was going to find.....

Clutch slipped worse then any i've felt...
Car was running wayy hot (not overheating around the block...but 3 lines above normal)
Sounded like the top main bearing in the steering column was bad
When you turned the wheel not only did you hear the bearing loudly....you could hear and feel the tie rods moving out from the rack.....

Went back in the lot laughing.....He said... "Runs great huh?"...i said "Did you even drive it?"

He told me he would give it to me for 1,200 "take it or leave it"
Told him he was out of his mind...after the drive i was thinking more like $850 (didnt put 1 and 1 together about the blown headgasket yet...)

I started naming the major things wrong with it in front of all the customers....he acted like i didn't know what i was talking about...

He said "1 of the spics from trenton (NJ) will come and buy it on the spot, so just get the fuck out of here"

I laughed at him, got in my 91' coupe, and showed them how the car SHOULD run......

That shit should be illegal or something man...that car is NOT safe in ANY way possible...they just had it "Inspected" today....wonder who slapped the stickers on it
sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
its a dealer
what do you expect??
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
story is too long..stop reading after the first 8 lines
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
citizen
Zilvia FREAK!

citizen is making a name for him/her selfcitizen is making a name for him/her selfcitizen is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to citizen
well thats just sad if you can't or won't read something over 8 lines...
citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
wow. what an asshole that guy was. haha with all those lies that he told, i wouldnt be able to look at him without laughin...or crying.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
call the bbb

then call some vatos locos holmes
justinhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #7
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
"1 of the spics from trenton (NJ) will come and buy it on the spot, so just get the fuck out of here"

thats not nice. he said THAT in front of other customers? hmmm....
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #8
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
haha. if he said that in front of customers.. mann.. thats the lamest thing a salesman can do..sheesh all about making money. where are all the honest and knowledgable salesmen nowadays? i guess there aren't any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:08 AM   #9
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Thats kind of like the time my dad called this dealer that was about 3.5 hours away about a 89 coupe. The salesman say that the body is nice. So me and my brother drive the 3.5 hours, we get there and the car is a rusted piece of shit. The car has rust everywhere, from the bottom of the rocker panel to like 6 inches up the doors. To add to that the rear half of the car was parked in a tree. We didn't say a word to the salesman and just left.
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote