Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #61
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
touche .
Old 02-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #62
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Im just annoyed because my greddy one did not come with the Blue Anondized Raditor hose interceptor. So im just going to make one from scratch...
Old 02-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #63
Wiisass
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Wiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond reputeWiisass has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wiisass
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows
I know that.]

I was suggesting putting the line ont one of the nippels just behind the the thermostat that goes to the throttle body instead.
Look at the water circuit in the FSM. It does look like the one hose coming under the intake manifold might work. There are a couple others that you could possibly use, but it depends on where you put it and how much pressure is in those lines. The lower rad hose is obviously the best because it's bigger and it's a direct shot to the water pump. I don't know what size the fitting is on the bottom of whatever expansion tank you have, but the other hoses might be smaller and end up just being more of a restriction.

And besides, making a piece to go in the lower rad hose is easy. Depending on what hose size and fittings, it's real easy. Mine had a 1/2" npt fitting, so a little piece of tube and an aluminum weld on fitting and it was done.
DriftAssNation
Wiisass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #64
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
sorry to bring up an old thread, i searched and read the entire thread...

My questions is why hasnt anybody put the "swirl pot" or expansion tank on the drivers side of the car? i mean it seems like it would save tons of headache in mounting, running lines, and other issues. i liked that one of you guys said to mount it maby on the head itself if you have electric fans, which i do, i'm running an S14 sr too btw. I was going to try that but i'm wondering where else i could mount it. I know power steering resovoiar is in the way to put it on the shock tower, i'm running a bottom mount setup with a stock exhaust manifold so i'm going to try and integrate it somewhere over there. If i plumb the air filter into the wheel well down behind the fog lights shouldnt i be able to put it somewhere by the stock overflow tank? Or even mount it on the front support next to the radiator? the only reason i can think that would cause a problem is height over the bleeder location.

Also is it true that if you dont use the "optional" heater hose line that installing it is basically pointless because it wont bleed the system automatically? help me out and pics would be nice, the thread is so old alot of the pics dont work anymore! thanks again
Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #65
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Correct me if I'm over thinking this, but wouldn't you want it away from the hot exhaust manifold side?

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #66
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
yes, the thread's kinda old, but a wealth of knowledge centered in this thread. i was looking at the overflow tank thread in the advertisers specials forum. they're talking about combining an overflow tank and a swirl pot.

random thought, is the extra radiator cap worth anything? rather than plumb the radiator overflow into the tank and then the swirl pot overflow into the overflow tank, why not just keep the overflow as is, and plumb the bleeder in, and lower radiator hose for the out? a fill point is important, but it could just be a regular sealed cap. i guess it doesn't really get you anywhere except it simplifies construction a bit and eliminates a few connections.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #67
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX

Parts Shop MAX: $60

Found it in the advertiser section.
Thought I'd share in case anyone is still looking. And I know this thread helped me.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #68
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
coolant temps after 6 laps at bwillow were about 205 max haha
Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #69
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
with just AL rad and FMIC?

with my old v-mount i used to see 180 on track duiring summer events, seemed unnatural, mmakes me think my gauged was off or i had the wrong sending unit or something. All without this swirl pot thing that everyone loves so much these days.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #70
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
Just an update.

I had trouble installing my tank from PBM due to the fact it was hard to find a fitting for the bleeder bolt. I didn't want to tap the head since I had already put coolant inside and no access to a drill. But I did find an adapter made my memco that fit perfect into my ka24de. Part was m6 to 1/8npt. They have a lot of useful fittings that can be bought in brass or stainless steel.

http://www.mem-co.net/pdf/Memco_Cat_May13.pdf

Works great so far. Just thought I'd let others know incase there were others who didn't want to tap the head and needed alternate decisions.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #71
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Brutal.

New setup on my car the only time it goes over 80c is when I do like ultraburnout.

any sort of airspeed and its back to riding the thermostat.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #72
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
To bring this back up....what if you snapped your bleeder bolt, and also snapped an easy out in side there, could you tap into a different coolant source, like the TB hardlines?

I had looped my Throttle body coolant lines, and it looked like coolant/airbubbles flowed upwards.

\
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #73
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Speaking from the SR point of view, if I broke the bleeder valve on the water neck...I got 2 options. Get another water neck or get one of these:

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:11 AM   #74
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
To bring this back up....what if you snapped your bleeder bolt, and also snapped an easy out in side there, could you tap into a different coolant source, like the TB hardlines?

I had looped my Throttle body coolant lines, and it looked like coolant/airbubbles flowed upwards.

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Speaking from the SR point of view, if I broke the bleeder valve on the water neck...I got 2 options. Get another water neck or get one of these:

Yup, take the opportunity to get an S14 water neck.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #75
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wasnt someone selling a waterneck adapter recently? added the pre-tapped bung and bleeder valve and everything. why not just get that?

looked through all 5 pages of the advertisers specials, couldn't find it.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #76
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
What about for the KA? Couldnt I install that 34mm fitting on the upper hose along with the lower?

Or do you need it where that heater/throttlebody hose junction is, aka OE bleeder bolt?
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #77
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I'm pretty sure you can put an adapter there in the upper hose and it'd be fine.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote