Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #1
ISTOTOSAO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Talking Woo Whoo!! Possible Deftforce

.I went to ABCD auto on Tuesday to pick up my vlsd from Rick. I got one with the fins on it to help keep it cool. Also came with the bigger sway bar. As they were disassembling it so I could fit it in my trunk they noticed that the out put shafts did not turn in opposite directions (at all). I took the cover off of it yesterday and saw that it was definitely not a vlsd. Looked at it again today and it looks exactly like an ATS Deftforce. Well I just wanted to share the good news
ISTOTOSAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #2
ƒVƒ‹ƒGƒCƒeƒB

Trader Rating: (0)
ƒVƒ‹ƒGƒCƒeƒB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pictures!!

ATS Deftforce:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=43211
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LSD_1.jpg (152.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg LSD_2.jpg (121.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg LSD_3.jpg (145.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg LSD_4.jpg (93.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg LSD_5.jpg (137.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg LSD_6.jpg (170.3 KB, 6 views)
ƒVƒ‹ƒGƒCƒeƒB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

JasonNagra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JasonNagra
Awesome! I hope I get some surprises if/when I get a clip!

Edit: check your link.
JasonNagra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
HiPSI
Zilvia Junkie

HiPSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HiPSI Send a message via Yahoo to HiPSI
most clutch type LSD's have similar looking housings so it would be hard to say exactly which one it is without disassembling it... but it's definitely and upgrade of some kind.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome, you are lucky. I agree with JasonNagra if and when I get my front clip, I hope it comes with some assorted goodies.
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
ISTOTOSAO
Zilvia Junkie

ISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enough
Well when we had it apart I looked at the cam housing, and it is a 2way. I installed it yesterday and wow this thing is different. I live in the mountains in so cal. When they say that 2way lsd's aren't good for touge they are not kidding. I have to drive 10 to 20 mph slower around every turn. I hauled a$$ normally. Now I have to drive like normal people. I also spun out for the first time (unintentionally). I was only going 20mph but wow. So here I come DDay 13.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
element240
Zilvia Addict

element240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to element240
cool, so this lsd is more for the drifting oriented drivers?
element240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:46 PM   #8
ISTOTOSAO
Zilvia Junkie

Yes it is most definitely more towards drifting than grip. I love it driving around the city but on the mountain it is a liitle scary. I also haven't gotten used to it yet. With time I will be able to increase my comfort and speed, but for now I am stuck driving like every other normal person on the road. With the bigger stock sway bar it came with it sure is easy to throw the back end out.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:43 PM   #9
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NRS130
Well when we had it apart I looked at the cam housing, and it is a 2way. I installed it yesterday and wow this thing is different. I live in the mountains in so cal. When they say that 2way lsd's aren't good for touge they are not kidding. I have to drive 10 to 20 mph slower around every turn. I hauled a$$ normally. Now I have to drive like normal people. I also spun out for the first time (unintentionally). I was only going 20mph but wow. So here I come DDay 13.
I have a 2-way and I like mine for TOEGAY!!! It's full lock too. The only time I feel it really sucks is for wet canyon roads. It's not as good as 1.5 way for canyon driving but I still dig it. Canyon drifting on the other hand...
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:53 PM   #10
TougeRacing
Zilvia Junkie

TougeRacing has a little shameless behavior in the past
i dont mean to hijack the thread, but why isnt the 2 way good for touge? and the 1.5 better for touge? also when u say that do u mean in drifting or gripping?
TougeRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:44 PM   #11
ISTOTOSAO
Zilvia Junkie

I used to be able to fly in to a turn with no problems. Going in to it now the car does not feel as stable. I not as comfortable fluctuating my throttle. I can power out of the turn well but I can't compare it properly because I can't go as fast now. It also just snowed and this thing is crazy!
From what I understand 1.5 way is better for grip because there is less initial torque on the clutch plates in the diff. which means your tires can go diffirent speeds into a turn. which means they won't break away as easily.