Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 10-02-2003, 04:04 PM   #31
Var
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Var
Let me re-phrase my question. Does my stock 240 with stock sohc with upgraded suspenion and no LSD have enough power to drift around turns at track speeds? This will be my first track event too. Im a newb. Is it gonna be on the track or in the parking lot?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #32
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Who cares what motor you have/what you have/don't have.

Drifitng is all about fun and skill. There are people in Stock S-chassis with open diffs that can outdrift people in SR's and whatnot.

You don't need an SR to drift.

Who cares if shit is played out... if its cheap, easy to swap and makes good power, why are you NOT going to do it? Just to be different? Who cares.

kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:27 PM   #33
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

driftcrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
YO Kazuo, much props man thas hecka true drift is all about fun and passion. not about braggin rights. i love it for the sport and lifestyle. SRs help but they aint the most important shit. u can driff with whatever u got. The was u choose to dirft is a picture of ur personality. MODS come with ur skills tho. u can have the fastest ride but if u aint got skill say ur mods good bye.
driftcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:31 PM   #34
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

i think its a parking lot drift, i think its coo for u to whip it. but u bess have some skills man. lol. lots of peeps gonna be there.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:52 AM   #35
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
i dont care if i get a few laughs from the crowd. I think i may enter
Old 10-03-2003, 02:16 AM   #36
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

fo show bro, do ur thing. i would too but i am a bit too broke. lol. ma baby is pretty much stock too. i wann but i think i will wait till the next one.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:17 AM   #37
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

will u be comming to the meet?
Old 10-03-2003, 02:34 AM   #38
Var
Post Whore!

The one @ D&B's in milpitas right? I wasnt going to but i might go. Im going to lemans indoor carting in fremont tomorrow. 60 bucks for a hours session. cant beat it. show up @ 11am if you have nothing to do.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #39
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

na to this meet on the 25th, but yea i wont make it to D&B either too young 19 but have work anywayz.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:11 PM   #40
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
I'll be there for sure. It's gonna be three of us. Me my brother and my cousin.

Driftcrazy, through. Shiet there's an S14 down the street from my house with an SR20DET that sounds like a supped up bumble bee. May every time he revs it sounds like I'm looking at a Ricer Honda.

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:39 PM   #41
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
hrmm..dont matter if u can't get in d&b..just go there for the meet. thats waht i'm doing.
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:17 PM   #42
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

i will try to go but it all depends if i get the day off
its on the 4th right? i hope to make it. but wont most of the peeps be in D&B, lol.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #43
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

OH that sucks tell him to get a N1 exhaust. i have a S14 too but but its stock and my uncle drives it whenever he down from hong knog. i might fix that up after i am done with my S13.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #44
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

aite guys this is the adress to my place,1555 glazier dr concord 94521. plz no abuse of the adress. but i hope yall show up.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:02 AM   #45
Var
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by driftcrazy
aite guys this is the adress to my place,1555 glazier dr concord 94521. plz no abuse of the adress. but i hope yall show up.
Which day the 25th? What time? Do you have a grill? I may be able to bring some carne asada to bbq. How does that sound?
Old 10-06-2003, 01:14 PM   #46
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

i say peeps to show up at around 9 am, u know. cuz i hate too get up too early. but yea that sounds tight if u can bring a grill i will have ma boyz here but uknow the more the better. ma mom will be making som indi grub too soo it should be tighttttttttttt. lol.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:19 PM   #47
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
I think I should be able to come as well...not sure about anything at this point...but the outlook is good!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:27 PM   #48
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

hope u make it S13chica, i wanna see ur sick ride in the works. lol. hope this will be a nissan infested day. lol
Old 10-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #49
Drift_Ladie
Zilvia Member

Drift_Ladie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Drift_Ladie
i'mma be there... you need me to bring anything like soda or sumthing???
Drift_Ladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:39 AM   #50
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

lol did nt expect peeps to chip in but thas tight, appriciate it. well i am gonna get som drinks,like coke and sprite ec.... but yea sure yall can bring drinks. Works out fo me. thank u
Old 10-07-2003, 06:58 PM   #51
kaidoy
Leaky Injector

kaidoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I read on SRO that hyperfest is cancelled.

Jason
kaidoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #52
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
I thought I read that too...kinda sucks. There was a hurricane that messed everything up but some other things will still be going on.

Heres the link, check it out. http://www.streetracing.org/home.php?op=go&id=820

-daniel
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:40 PM   #53
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

na as far as i know its still going on , when did yall hear this? i will check it out anyways tho. But if for some reason hyper fest is not going down. Yall still wanna have a meet ???? and a drive.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:54 AM   #54
proj240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
proj240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow if that is true then that really really really really sucks the big one. im down for a meet in the city i live in, lol. that would definitely be different.

90 RPS1345 hybrid thingy & 01 IS300
proj240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #55
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
10/30/03

Richmond, Va.--

Cobetto Racing and EVO Productions are sad to announce that the Hyper Fest event and the final round of the US Drift Nationals competition scheduled for October 25 and 26 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA is cancelled.

On September 18th, the Richmond, Va. offices of Cobetto Racing and EVO Productions sustained large amounts of damage due to hurricane Isabel. “It is very disappointing for us. We took extensive steps in preparation for the storm but Mother Nature is very powerful. Sears Point (Infineon Raceway) is only four weeks away and we will be lucky to have power back by then let alone replacement of equipment and repairs.” said Hyper Fest director, Chris Cobetto. “Unfortunately we are so late in the season that rescheduling is not an option.” Mr. Cobetto said.

Cobetto Racing and EVO Productions would like to thank all of their sponsors and supporters for understanding the difficult situation that Isabel has brought. Full refunds will be given to those that have pre-registered for the events taking place.

“We hate to cancel an event but at the same time we pride ourselves on producing excellent events and feel that the cleanup will detract from the needed preparation demanded by these large scale events. It wasn’t an easy decision, but the enormity of the problem came into focus after three days of cleanup.” Says Mike DeFord, Marketing and Event Director for EVO Productions.

EVO Productions plans a full season of excitement in 2004, including a return to Northern California with US Drift Nationals competition.

Mike DeFord

Hyper Fest/US Drift

4225 Vauxhall Rd.

Richmond, Va 23234

(804) 275-8399
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 10:27 AM   #56
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
That really sucks, but is the meet still on. Shiet I'm down for a meet I don't think you could have to many of them.

Many it's up to you. You're house. We can always do some driving afterwards if you know any good places in your area.

Let us all know many.

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 01:04 PM   #57
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

wow that sucks hyperfest is off. but i aint thatletting me stop making a meham in my place. lol. the meet is still on, we can go for a sick ride down marsh creek. its a sick ride. if yallls till up for the meet, plz do show up lol.we will jus make this a whole day chill meet and pray for the next hyper fest, but i have ahorrible news about my car. it has bin impounded. for 30 F*^*#% days. thas 950 bux. for not haveing it registered and suspended lesence. which both i did not know about. it sucks. but i will get my baby back. i am gonna go today to get this **** straighten out. hope for the best.
but the meeettt issss stiiiilllll onnnnnnn!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #58
Var
Post Whore!

There's another competition @ Buttonwillow only a few days before the hyperfest date. I think it's listed under an open track day rented out by the National Auto Sports Association . My friend is gonna drift his trueno that day. The dates are October 18th & 19th
Old 10-08-2003, 02:51 PM   #59
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by westboroughpimp
There's another competition @ Buttonwillow only a few days before the hyperfest date. I think it's listed under an open track day rented out by the National Auto Sports Association . My friend is gonna drift his trueno that day. The dates are October 18th & 19th
there is also and open track day on the 22nd at Buttonwillow...this will a very fun, private, event for both grip and drift...i believe there are still a couple spots open...

check the events forum..

Old 10-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #60
driftcrazy
Zilvia Member

yea thas sick there is a lot going on that week. Then we got my BBQ going on . I found 2 sick as drives around here. so one or the other or BOTH GAS GAS GAS!! les make this happen people.