Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Zilvia Server Update - Phase 1

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the server migration/upgrade project.

As of approximately 12 Noon today (December 9, 2006) Zilvia is up and running on the new server we purchased awhile ago. We completed the last of the database migration and tweaks necessary.

The next phase will be to archive all the existing data on the old server and rebuild that from scratch. Once that is completed we will move the Zilvia web frontend back over to the old server and dedicate the server we are on now to the backend database. This should be sufficient to split the load and keep performance optimized.

We don't have an exact schedule when all this is going to happen, but I'd like to try and get the old server rebuilt by next weekend. Only hinderance is something called a job. Anyone have tonight's winning PowerBall numbers so we can retire and work on Zilvia full-time?

Zilvia.net Webmail will be down during this transition period. If you need the email address to be active, please drop me a note at [email protected] and I can forward emails to another email service.

-Bob
Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
glad to hear everything is up and running good so far. as for the e-mails, is it only e-mails or does it affect pm's as well?
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
PMs are not effected.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #4
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
This update will also speed up the load times of the pages, correct?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
i would think so cause zilvia is fast again!!!!!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Ohh and all the accounts that were just wasting space are gone.

So... much... faster...! Yay zilvia. haha. I spend too much time on this site...
Old 12-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #7
A'PEXi
Leaky Injector

A'PEXi will become famous soon enoughA'PEXi will become famous soon enoughA'PEXi will become famous soon enough
yeh, zilvia was very very slow before the update, seems to be slightly faster at the moment.
A'PEXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
is it me or is the search function not working??
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanthieme
is it me or is the search function not working??
works for me...although you have to wait 60 seconds now to do another search...versus the past 20 second limit.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #10
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
weird shit, when I search for "work meister" (whithout "") it returns a blank page, but when I search for something else it worked fine. Than I tried the same shit on 2 other computers and got the same blank page again.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanthieme
weird shit, when I search for "work meister" (whithout "") it returns a blank page, but when I search for something else it worked fine. Than I tried the same shit on 2 other computers and got the same blank page again.
I've been having the same issue. at first I thought it was my computer failing at life. untill I tried another one.

but hearing as how you are having the same problem, I wonder if it is server related.