Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-18-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
New and Improved Home Depot Lip! Version2.

Well... for some odd reason my SE didnt come with a lip.

I was thinking of buying one then i got the retarded idea of doing one of those low budget lips.

this was just for fun to hold me off til i got some real aero for my car.

I didnt like the original home depot lip because well:
-it was floppy.
-hard to mount straight without a lip already on the car.
-only comes in rolls of 30ft at the home depot by my house.

I wanted something cheap, durable, clean, and simple.
I actually got the idea from my friend who did it to his miata.
He got the idea from some miata forum.

All in all the materials was under $10.
+Diamond Loc... the big one. $8 -- Home Depot
+Self Tapping screws. $1 for like 12 -- ACE Hardware

Tools needed:
+Power Drill... or a screwdriver if you ate some wheaties this morning.
+small garden shears

Here's some pics:

under.

Sorry for the low res pics. Ill post better pictures as soon as I get another camera and paint my front bumper.

The rest of my car looks like this:

painted it myself. still gotta colorsand and buff.

Hope you like it.

EDIT:

Finally some pics.

Too bad the lighting was the best. but it was all i could do with this cheap digital camera.

Installed after paint w/ turn signals, sidemarkers.

On car.

And another one.

Closeups.

Yeah, it is a lil short. I may extend it by adding something to the bottom.
But still clean, simple, and subtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts

Last edited by Addicted2Kouki; 12-13-2007 at 01:01 PM..
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
HKSdrift3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
HKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura aboutHKSdrift3r has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looks good, especially for the price!!

Good job
HKSdrift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
I gotta see this in person. Hit me up. lol
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Trader Rating: (0)
downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
looks cool , post pics when its on..

and I love your avatar.

hurts my eyes.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #5
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
not bad, is this an s14 only lip or can it be modified to fit the s13 (both pop-up and silvia fronts)?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #6
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
I gotta see this in person. Hit me up. lol
since youre in long beach.
yeah sure PM me your number and ill meet you up sometime to check it out after i paint it or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways View Post
looks cool , post pics when its on..

and I love your avatar.

hurts my eyes.
will do.
avatar reminds me not to fuck up when i drive hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
not bad, is this an s14 only lip or can it be modified to fit the s13 (both pop-up and silvia fronts)?
hrm actually this might work for s13s also. im just wondering if itll go around the curve of the bumper as good. well.. you can always try.
im just wondering how you would get it on the fenders.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2007, 04:18 AM   #7
.:SD240SX:.
BANNED

.:SD240SX:. can only hope to improve
thats smart and hella clean looking, wayyy better than the other homedepot lip.
.:SD240SX:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:34 AM   #8
kawika219
Zilvia Member

kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
holy hell haha. i work in the garden dept at home depot in hawaii and i just sold 5 to a guy lol. imma buy on tomorrow and see how it goes
kawika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #9
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What is Diamond Loc?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
not bad. not bad at all. get some better pics when you get a chance.
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What is Diamond Loc?
It's a gangster that wears a lotta diamonds. hahaha okay sorry. bad joke.

Hrmm... I'll stop by Home Depot sometime this week and take a picture. Kinda hard to describe. It's in the garden dept. usually around the cove lining shit.

and Thanks everyone.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
diomedes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
diomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to beholddiomedes is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow, nice job! Looks good too.
diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #13
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
RnD at its finest right now lol Ver 2 is definetly allot better. nice job

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #14
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What is Diamond Loc?
IIRC diamond lock is a hard plastic border that is used to keep paving stones in place. I worked @ home depot for 11yrs and i vaguely remeber this stuff.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #15
abstrakt
Leaky Injector

abstrakt is on the path to ruinabstrakt is on the path to ruinabstrakt is on the path to ruin
Send a message via AIM to abstrakt
What is the "diamond loc" made of? Urethane or is it plastic? Basically..How easily could it crack and break?
abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #16
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
looks much better than the average home depot lip good job
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #17
kawika219
Zilvia Member

kawika219 is making a name for him/her selfkawika219 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
IIRC diamond lock is a hard plastic border that is used to keep paving stones in place. I worked @ home depot for 11yrs and i vaguely remeber this stuff.
thats exactly what it is

Quote:
What is the "diamond loc" made of? Urethane or is it plastic? Basically..How easily could it crack and break?
i dont know the exact material, but it is a pretty heavy duty yet flexible plastic
kawika219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #18
89singlecamnoob
Zilvia Member

89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of89singlecamnoob has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 89singlecamnoob Send a message via Yahoo to 89singlecamnoob
looks good, i may have to make a trip to the depot myself.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #19
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89singlecamnoob View Post
looks good, i may have to make a trip to the depot myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Kouki View Post
this was just for fun to hold me off til i got some real aero for my car.
Honestly, this ^^^^ is the only reason that somewhat justifies this. If you make it permanent you (or anyone else) fails!

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
I demand a picture of it on your car
Old 11-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #21
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Thanks for answering the questions for me guys.

yeah this is just temporary maybe for a couple months while i save up for other more important parts other than aero.
You still cant beat how cheap this all comes out to.

and i already said it earlier....
I'll post pics as soon as i paint my front bumper.
I still have to buy more paint so... i guess some time this week.

Quote:
Honestly, this ^^^^ is the only reason that somewhat justifies this. If you make it permanent you (or anyone else) fails!
Honestly... there's no need to hate on this.

How can you justify spending $100 on a thrashed SE lip that is the same size, mostly the same shape [just not rounded and without the two aero holes], and may not include the hardware...

When you can get a low budget lip for 1/10 the price, and is not hard to find at all.

This is a mod for the LOW BUDGET 240 OWNERS...

enough said.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
how did you find one that is the length of the bumper. i used the same thing but i had to make it from 2 pieces.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]

i used that diamond loc stuff and added the little round thing at the bottom. this was a few years ago and don't mind the dent. it was fixed the next day
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #23
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Kouki View Post
Thanks for answering the questions for me guys.

yeah this is just temporary maybe for a couple months while i save up for other more important parts other than aero.
You still cant beat how cheap this all comes out to.

and i already said it earlier....
I'll post pics as soon as i paint my front bumper.
I still have to buy more paint so... i guess some time this week.

Honestly... there's no need to hate on this.

How can you justify spending $100 on a thrashed SE lip that is the same size, mostly the same shape [just not rounded and without the two aero holes], and may not include the hardware...

When you can get a low budget lip for 1/10 the price, and is not hard to find at all.

This is a mod for the LOW BUDGET 240 OWNERS...

enough said.
Spare me. If anything I was defending YOUR reason for putting it on there. As far as defending your position by mentioning a "thrashed SE lip", I wouldn't waste my money on that either. I would wait until I found one to my liking and get it that one. You can quote me when I say, "I will never buy anything from the outside garden dept @ home depot to make my car look better."
If you want to waste your time an money on this, then by all means, go ahead, but please don't insult me by saying I'm hating on your garden accessory mod....and FWIW if your idea of having a budget includes an $8 garden mod then thats not a budget, thats CHEAP....enough said.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #24
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

UGHHHH... fuck it. im tired of seeing internet fights.
gosh you make it sound so... bad. lol

but yeah thanks for stating the facts.

from here on...
only opinions and positive statements please.

also. i said buy the big one. not the regular size diamond loc.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #25
Temple240
Leaky Injector

Temple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really niceTemple240 is just really nice
Quote:
Spare me. If anything I was defending YOUR reason for putting it on there. As far as defending your position by mentioning a "thrashed SE lip", I wouldn't waste my money on that either. I would wait until I found one to my liking and get it that one. You can quote me when I say, "I will never buy anything from the outside garden dept @ home depot to make my car look better."
If you want to waste your time an money on this, then by all means, go ahead, but please don't insult me by saying I'm hating on your garden accessory mod....and FWIW if your idea of having a budget includes an $8 garden mod then thats not a budget, thats CHEAP....enough said.
So don't do it. It's really not that difficult to skip over a thread you don't like.

On topic: I can't wait to see how it looks on the car. I want to see someone try it on an s13 too.
Temple240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #26
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
I like it for $8 like ThatGuy said it's "CHEAP" replace it at your will.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #27
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple240 View Post
So don't do it. It's really not that difficult to skip over a thread you don't like
just as its not that difficult to skip over a post you don't like, no?
To the OP, no internet fighting here, I just felt I needed to defend my post as it was being taken out of context.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #28
cloudstrife930
Leaky Injector

cloudstrife930 is on the path to ruincloudstrife930 is on the path to ruin
8 bbux, not to shabby at all for 8 bux
cloudstrife930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #29
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I bought it today and put it on. Looks decent, not as nice because I have a kouki, but it was really bugging me how I had sideskirts and my front bumper was angled up. I just got the one they had lying around, and it wasn't big enough either... where is the "big" one?

Anyway, I'll post up pics later. And YES this is just temporary until I get my yashio factory front bumper. Also, I can't justify spending 150+ on a USED kouki lip... so $10 and I'm satisfied. I just wish it was a little longer and went down further.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #30
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
just as its not that difficult to skip over a post you don't like, no?
To the OP, no internet fighting here, I just felt I needed to defend my post as it was being taken out of context.
Understandable. I guess I misunderstood your comment.

Quote: