Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #61
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can see wanting to get your name out there, but I think this product alone will do that, and the little logo is unnecessary. Or just keep it a removable sticker- this is something that helps decrease clutter. The kind of person that wants this probably doesn't want to add clutter in the form of a logo that doesn't match anything else in the cluster at all. Considering the number of replies in this thread already, I don't think the advertisement from the logo is necessary. Good products sell themselves.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #62
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Let me know, I'll rep that shit on the Bimmer Boards!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #63
gippy87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
gippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-knowngippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-knowngippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-knowngippy87 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So is the picture just to show what it will look like or is that a pic of a finished product? Just wondering wasnt sure it looked like finished product
Old 04-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #64
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
i have to voice my support for an S14 one too, as mine isn't just lousy, it doesn't work at all.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 PM   #65
s13 drifta
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (105)
s13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
I would buy one if you made it for the HUD cluster.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #66
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I apologize if this has already been coverd, but where exactly is this getting its signal from?

IIRC the factory sender is a POS and not to be trusted. Not to mention, if you get an air pocket or low enough on fluid it wont read the temp because it must have constant contact with h20?

Please do explain. You seem to be on to something but i'd like to here the above concerns addressed. Also, please keep the logo removable.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #67
240srdet

Trader Rating: (0)
240srdet will become famous soon enough240srdet will become famous soon enough240srdet will become famous soon enough240srdet will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelydrifter View Post
Can I get some more info about how this actually installs and works?

Other than that it looks great and I would be able to get rid of my pod gauge and wiring in the bay.

detailed instructions of how to installation
pictures of install and how the product looks like installed and out of the box
Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 PM   #68
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
I apologize if this has already been coverd, but where exactly is this getting its signal from?

IIRC the factory sender is a POS and not to be trusted. Not to mention, if you get an air pocket or low enough on fluid it wont read the temp because it must have constant contact with h20?

Please do explain. You seem to be on to something but i'd like to here the above concerns addressed. Also, please keep the logo removable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
The DTIG no longer relies on the factory thermoswitch. It views the temperature the same as the Engine Control unit, making the accuracy very high.
THERE!! msglngthmf
Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #69
project_s13
Leaky Injector

project_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymoreproject_s13 is not welcome here anymore
where do i get one?
when can i get it?
does it use celcius? farhiet is f*iing usless
PM me plz i know many ppl in my area that would want one
Old 04-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #70
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
dude, you read the thread? Seriously. Everything you just asked has been addressed.

Looks like a rad product, might pick one up for the daily, I have a PFC with commander and a water gauge in the coupe, lol, makes it kinda pointless.

But I would throw one in my hatch for sure, great idea.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #71
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
THERE!! msglngthmf

Thanks! But it still seems like its pulls from the factory sending unit which is notorious for being shitty. I understand that this will give an exact and accurate reading of what the SENSOR reads, but that doesn't do much if the sender itself sucks. Or is there another sensor or am i just confused as usual?

LOL.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #72
krazydriver
Leaky Injector

krazydriver is making a name for him/her selfkrazydriver is making a name for him/her self
^ there are 2 temp sensors.
Factory Gauge temp sensor sucks
Factory ECU temp sensor is right next to it and works great.
What they're doing is splicing into the ECU temp, so it's a decent sender running into a MUCH nicer gauge.

Great product here, if i hadn't picked up a water temp gauge to deal with the inaccuracies of the factory one.... i would have gotten one of these.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #73
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
NM - Looks like they're taking pre-orders.

My suggestion = Make the Logo removable

Scott
Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #74
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
yea, or make the logo gray outline or something, a little more subtle.

I dunno, if the customer hates the logo they can paint over it.

I personally don't give a shit, I'll go the laziest route possible.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #75
sr20powerd
Leaky Injector

sr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of lightsr20powerd is a glorious beacon of light
Interested in the S14 layout
Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #76
advin builtsr20

advin builtsr20 is making a name for him/her selfadvin builtsr20 is making a name for him/her self
i love it, nice n clean! I will definitely pick one up after I sell my s14! Thanks for a sik product!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #77
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Very interested, I would ditch my water temp gauge to get one of these, easier to read, it's right in front of you.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #78
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
The cutout for the digital readout looks crooked. I would buy one if it looked a little cleaner.

Edit: Didn't see your post on saying the final version will be much cleaner. When you get pics of the final version I will most likely purchase one.

Last edited by Howard92884; 04-10-2008 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Didn't read whole thread.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #79
Thursday
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Thursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfectionThursday is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Thursday
thats\d be kinda awesome.
ive been looking for something like this
Old 04-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #80
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
why does alll the dope stuff come out after i sell my 240

next one should be a fuel guage you'll make tons of $$$$

once i get my next 240 this will definately be on the list

dope shit john keep it up!!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #81
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I'd like to see one for oil temp. It looks good John I am definitely interested in one.
Dude, you freakin' read my mind! This is exactly what I told the guy who wanted to get a group buy on the buddy club cluster to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
I can see wanting to get your name out there, but I think this product alone will do that, and the little logo is unnecessary. Or just keep it a removable sticker- this is something that helps decrease clutter. The kind of person that wants this probably doesn't want to add clutter in the form of a logo that doesn't match anything else in the cluster at all. Considering the number of replies in this thread already, I don't think the advertisement from the logo is necessary. Good products sell themselves.
Ditto. This would be great to eliminate the need for too many aftermarket products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
So is the picture just to show what it will look like or is that a pic of a finished product? Just wondering wasnt sure it looked like finished product
dude... you fail. it's not the final version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
why does alll the dope stuff come out after i sell my 240

next one should be a fuel guage you'll make tons of $$$$

once i get my next 240 this will definately be on the list

dope shit john keep it up!!
Fuel gauge plus oil pressure gauge would be pimp. It seems the fuel gauge is never really that accurate.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Closed Thread