Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:46 AM   #1
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Zilvia.net Addicts

Anyone ever feel like their zilvia browsing habits exhibit serious compulsive behavior? I'm on here like 24-7 reading about 240's and people's fucking random shit even until 3,4, or even 5 AM at times. I'm pretty sure I fall into the category of people that are prone to addiction. My life has always been a transition from one addiction to another and zilvia and my 240 are it right now. I don't know if it can be considered an addiction though. I can easily drop it like it's hot but I don't feel like it. Fortunately for me, it's not a chemichal addiction, but that costs money and I'm not prone to doing that. Read on and find out why.

Before, it was all about learning to speak Japanese, learning about Japanese culture, and trying to get on the JET program. I am also the kind of person that has many hobbies and a lot of good friends to do them with.

I feel like I'm a restless person, always looking for something fun to do. Is it bad to always to be doing something fun or interesting? Is it weird that anytime I'm at home in my room, I turn on my comp, type in www.random240site.com and read the crazy antics of Aaron and his insano car project, Society mike and his life in japan, nitekids and his rim bashing comments, twitchy and his crazy vlsd stickers, John Doe 1,2,3,4 and 5 who recently got into accidents with their cars?

I have to admit that I am a recent college graduate that still lives at home but for what reason you ask. Of course it's to save money so I can spend more on my car. I have been waiting many moons for the chance to work on a suitable sporty vehicle but is my obsession something to be concerned about? Let it be known that I am not in debt to CC companies but now I see how a person could. Although I have avoided CC debt, I have abused my priviledges as a boyfriend by borrowing my GF's living expense school loan money to jump on GB's and deals that I felt that couldn't be passed up. I have paid her back in full but should I be apart of some AAA or more precisely, a 240AA group?

I have a job where a computer isn't readily available to look at during work hours but the first chance I get when I'm on a break is to go to a computer and see what's going on with the 240 world. Should I be weeping onto the chest of a big man with tits pretending I'm terminally ill to get rid of this anxiety and tension that consumes me? Sometimes I wonder about these things and now that I think about it, I should probably have a website and a dedicated journal for this type of thinking.

Last edited by Flybert; 01-07-2004 at 02:53 AM..
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2004, 02:53 AM   #2
nokeone
on strike three.

Trader Rating: (0)
nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
wonderful post...

quite entertaining...thanks

and i'm with you..i'm on here and FA at least 8 hours a day...
Old 01-07-2004, 02:54 AM   #3
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
I've noticed.

There are a few other Late Night Zilvia members as I like to call them around here as well that I'm sure will chime in pretty soon.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:59 AM   #4
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
haha...you noticed..that's funny..i'm never sure what my image on these boards is like..guess i know one aspect of it now..

we need to form a late night crew..the consistant late nighters..lol..or we could just be called the late night losers..
Old 01-07-2004, 03:16 AM   #5
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
ahha count me in too! im still here.....but will be going to bed soon b/c i have school tomarrow! + i dont get to chill at work on the forums like some of you!
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:19 AM   #6
Flybert
Post Whore!

I've also noticed you are one of the consistent Late Night Zilvia members. I'm thinking of one more that might chime in but I'm not sure he will.

I've noticed that we all have the same habits because I was wondering if I was the only one. I would check who's posting and who's online. I guess I'm off to bed because I have a long day planned for tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:26 AM   #7
nokeone
on strike three.

bah!..it's only 3:30am..work in 5 1/2 hours for me..lol..ok, ok..i guess it's bed time..
Old 01-07-2004, 06:19 AM   #8
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
wait..
i dont understand..
are you guys saying that some of you.. maybe even MOST of you actually leave your computer? ...to like... do other stuff?? I don't get it! I mean.. I have to make a walk to the fridge or the shitter every so often like anyone else... but it seems like you guys are talking about LONG periods of time.. like 5 minutes or more! WTF?
What can you possibly DO away from the computer? Doesn't it scare you?

mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:09 AM   #9
fastpace
Zilvia Addict

fastpace is an unknown quantity at this point
very good post. I am always on the computer now because it is cold as sin outside and cable tv sucks most of the time. It is funny, last night I was just going to take a couple of pics of my car and my mom asked me are you obessed with your car? I was like wtf, I just wanted to take a pic. Well I guess I am alittle, but still, oh well I will do what I feel that is fun.

Hey Flybert, I am or was taking Japanese to learn the language and trying to learn more about the culture, but I feel that my school's Japanese language courses suck(don't teach enough), so I plan to take classes outside of college.

"well, I go out, I do the practice, I think about it and I concentrate on one small thing I can change that will have an effect. I make that change then I go out and drive to my maximum." -Ayrton Senna
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #10
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
yea i used to be like that.. thats why i managed to get this 1800+ posts... but now things changed..
im on zilvia mostly from work because i dont have that much of a spare time anymore.. i planned to graduate by the end of this year and the classes im taking are and will be hellzinki

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Bbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:25 AM   #11
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Zilvia has been blocked at my work
Luckily I still spend alot of time online at home, I have to much spare time on my hands.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #12
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I know me and Kevin are on here ALL DAY LONG sometimes.. I used to be on zilvia 10+ hrs a day.. now that I live with my woman, she consumes all my time at home..

Since I became a mod I post less.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:12 AM   #13
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
Although I dont post that much (1500+ but thats since sept 01) I am still here waaaaaaaay to much. Not a single day has gone by that I dont visit Zilvia... If I have any sort of net access I am on zilvia.

I am a lurker at heart, so I figure if I was a post whore like dousan I would have like 10k posts by now. '

What would be cool to have is an "hours logged in" stat.... I dont even want to know how high that would be.

----Gone----
BadMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:49 AM   #14
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by BadMoJo

What would be cool to have is an "hours logged in" stat.... I dont even want to know how high that would be.
..lol
Old 01-08-2004, 02:16 AM   #15
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Where have all you guys been? i feel you guys!! i work for ym dad, and when he steps out the office to see a client i hop online to see whats up on this forum. theni get home and im still on til late night. heck when i wake up i hop on to zilvia too!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:34 AM   #16
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
This topic owns!

I'm on here all the time! You guys MUST have it bad cuz i see a lot of you guys on here at the same late night hours that i am! hahahaha

Zilvia Late Night Crew owns j00! hahahaha!

or like nokeone said, the late night losers! lol...
Instagram: @rjsladerade

Last edited by revat619; 01-08-2004 at 02:44 AM..
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 03:26 AM   #17
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
yes....were bragging about being losers!
Drift Unit
Old 01-08-2004, 03:50 AM   #18
BeatJunky
Zilvia Junkie

BeatJunky is an unknown quantity at this point
<---- works at internet cafe graveyard shift.:hammer:

Nuff said...
BeatJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #19
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
yeah, being that i have no life, im constantly on here lurking and posting here and there...

logged hours stat...oh my, it'd be sad to see i think haha
Old 01-08-2004, 05:09 PM   #20
Flybert
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by revat619

I'm on here all the time! You guys MUST have it bad cuz i see a lot of you guys on here at the same late night hours that i am! hahahaha
It gets to that point in the night when you know you should really be going to bed but you just can't because zilvia keeps you awake. Then you go ahead and look at all the names that are still logged in and notice the same damn names and it's a lot of these people in this thread. This only works for westcoast people though.

It's always good to be responding to an early morning east coast post and confirm the fact that you are a loser or are seriously compulsive about checking this board.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:48 PM   #21
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

hahaha that is TOTALLY true!.....late at night, time for bed, eyes red, gonna stay on until ive read ALL the new interesting posts!

...when will it ever end...

eh....its almost 5pm (westcoast time) and im gonna take a nap now....even slept in almost all my classes!
Drift Unit
Old 01-08-2004, 06:14 PM   #22
nokeone
on strike three.

damn students!..wish i was a student again...can't wait for grad school next year!!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #23
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
I dont think my baby understands my addiction to my own site. She wont let me be long enough to post! Kevin, how do you do it?!

Glad to see you guys need a 240sx AA Club. Maybe I could start 240sxAnonymous.com. hheehe. "Hello, my name is Mark, and... Im addicted to 240sx suspension and boost... I hope this meeting will help me meet other 240sx junkies who will get me parts for cheaper". hehe

I dont post as much anymore, but im still here almost 24/7. I haven't had my 240 on the road in 4 months. Got caught with a baby and a unfinished 5 lug swap along with 1000 other things, so expense's shifted and the car just sat on the jack stands. But no longer! Me and Irena will finish it this weekend! FINALLY.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:27 PM   #24
method2833
Zilvia Junkie

method2833 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to method2833
WHEW!!! i thought i was the only one addicted to zilvia staying on till at least 6am every night or until my eyes burn way to much where it hurts to even blink GOD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!west your the man thanx
Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #25
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

West, are you gonna post pics when your done?
Drift Unit
Old 01-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #26
West
OMNOMNOMNOM

West has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to West
I will. I just got invited to go snowboarding for 30$ on Sat. So Im going to do that, and I know ima been beat as hell sunday when I work on the car, my baby will be able to torque stuff down better then I can on sunday. lol

Ill take pics, but I need a alignment as soon as I get everything done, still havent got one after all the crap ive done to the car. Ill adjust the RUCA so the wheels will fit without rubbing the 255's in the rear.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #27
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by WeST
Kevin, how do you do it?!
Easy! My baby's better than yours!

heheh actually, i slip her roofies...
HAHAHAHA

nahhh she's a great kid. and i'm skilled at typing with one hand... errrr... that doesn't sound right... it's from playing TF!!!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:48 PM   #28
wherezmytofu
BANNED

wherezmytofu is an unknown quantity at this point
i would post more but my motivation to work on cars was torn from my soul voilently and painfully leaving me cripple from the pain. also i dont like most of you
wherezmytofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:50 PM   #29
wherezmytofu
BANNED

wherezmytofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmephistopheles
Easy! My baby's better than yours!

heheh actually, i slip her roofies...
HAHAHAHA
o crap, THA DRAMA!
wherezmytofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 02:08 AM   #30
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by wherezmytofu
also i dont like most of you
...that carries over into real life too though..i'm really not such a "people person"..lol..