Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-05-2004, 10:53 PM   #1
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
SPL Parts: Gauges and other cool stuff with my car

Ok, so i got my box in from www.SPLParts.com. It had a bunch of goodies from Defi, GReddy, SPL and yeah thats about it. It wasnt a very BIG shipment, but it was filled with cool trick things. Like what you say? Check it out:

This is some exterior ricing and battle scars. I woke up one day and this raccoon was.... ok i crashed. Twice.

Ok, hope you enjoy them. Thanks so much to SPL Parts for the goodies, the gauges are so fucking rad. What i installed: Greddy sandwich oil filter adapter. SUPER easy to do. Barely even dripped out any oil haha. The sensors fit right in perfectly and work perfectly also. The gauges are White face 60mm Defi electronic peak/warning link gauges with the link controller (its that cool little thing velcro'd on the bottom side of my dash right above my right knee.

Also, thanks to Neko Punch for getting me the nifty Yashio Factory Okachan water temp sensor and unit (velcro'd over the stock shitty temp gauge)

How shit works:

The water temp unit shows a digital display of your temp (duh) I have my sensor mounted in the elbow coming off the block as apposed to a radiator hose cause im cool like that and got Garage Works to take time in their busy day a couple weeks ago and help me out. So i read my temp AS MY COOLANT comes out of my block. Sweet. Anyways, this thing is all trick and shit and yeah its really cool.

The gauges are RAD. The sensors plug into the link unit, then you plug your gauges into the link controller. Or one gauge i shoudl say. From there, you daisy chain the gauges, and just plug them into the next, and so on and so forth. The link controller has a bunch of cool functions. It has a button to show Peak, a button that sets your warning light (and beeping noise that accompanies the red light). It also allows you to record (like a lap or something) and then stop recording whenever you choose, then you can hit the PLAY button and it will play back the movement of the gauges during the recording period. YES, its rad.

I wish i could utilize the whole capabilities of the LINK system. Through the unit i can have all these features with ANY of the Defi link gauges. Like boost, tach, water temp, fuel press. EGT, intake mani pressure, and there is a HUD unit that displays on your windshield (sold seperately) Also, you can get a little digital meter that reads all these functions (except boost) and all you buy is the link system, the display digital readout unit, and the sensors. Its like a little mini STACK cluster. But Tach sold seperately. Haha.

Ok, all these parts are available through SPL Parts, www.splparts.com and they all just RULE! Anyways, compared to my friend's GReddy gauges... yeah, lets just say he's gonna be trying to steal mine. Gotta watch out! Hahah. Not that GReddy is bad or anything.

Ok, i will let you know how everything works a little bit later, after some drifting and hard driving. Time to go party. LATES!

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
THAT SHIT IS HOT!!!
im officially jealous (as if you didnt knw already)
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #3
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
ouch...i think i just burned myself!!!...yowza!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wow. Not because of your new gear but, your car's battle scars.
Hardcore = You
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:16 PM   #5
that180guy
Zilvia Addict

that180guy is making a name for him/her selfthat180guy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to that180guy
seriously, where the hell did you get the bubble/"dildo" knob!!!! i want one!!!!!!!!

Part of the Elite Shasta Speed Stars
RIP......05-09-03....*sniff sniff
the beast nears completion.....

YOU LOOK AND U BUY STUFF !!!!!
that180guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:21 PM   #6
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
nice work man.

a little OT,i see you are using a bride seat and s14 seat belts, but are you using harness's too? for the seat or are you using s14 belts on them? and if you are using the s14 seat belts, how are you buckling up when you drive? going through the side hole or just having the belt going over the inter seat(not very safe)? thanks
Old 05-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Fiberglass and resin is a wonderfull thing. My bud has done his Bomex front like three times already.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:57 PM   #8
twitchy
Zilvia FREAK!

twitchy is an unknown quantity at this point
radical

nice shifter knobb?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:49 AM   #9
Hawd
BANNED

Hawd is an unknown quantity at this point
Bad ass gauges. The defi black face gauges look bad ass too. All of it is $$$ though but I think they are worth it.
Hawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:04 AM   #10
RedSuns
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSuns is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RedSuns
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT
nice work man.

a little OT,i see you are using a bride seat and s14 seat belts, but are you using harness's too? for the seat or are you using s14 belts on them? and if you are using the s14 seat belts, how are you buckling up when you drive? going through the side hole or just having the belt going over the inter seat(not very safe)? thanks

if that is the zeta 2...which it looks like...

i have my s14 seatbelts routed normally around the seat..i am 5"9' and the seatbelts is still not bothering me
1991 240SX
1974 260Z
1996 Honda CBR 600 F3
RedSuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:35 AM   #11
Matt_240
Internet Drifter

Matt_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut

you gotta start a new website! www.ducttaped.com
Matt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #12
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to see your trunk in the winter... you'll have little fishies and turtles and shit swimming around!!
Yay for DIY homemade tails.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:52 AM   #13
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
dammit michelle how much D have you been eating?!?! lol I'm suprised you found time to drive that bish with what you been doing on your knees to afford all that! hehe at least the car looks good
Old 05-06-2004, 11:26 AM   #14
lbcklik1486
Zilvia Junkie

lbcklik1486 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice parts, but it looks a little bootlegged, might just be from all the wires hanging down on the passenger side. I love the Defi guages, but I'd put the guages how HaLo has them, just out of practicality, it'd be easier to see. But nice car none the less, I think your car needs some facial corrective surgery, the bandages are coming off,
Old 05-06-2004, 12:05 PM   #15
No Motiv
Zilvia FREAK!

No Motiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to No Motiv
did you get the for free!!!???

My name is Shake-Zula, the mic rulah, the old schoolah, you wanna trip, I'll break it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top rock you like a cop, Meatwad you're up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money see, Meatwad get the honeys G. Drivin in my car, livin like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Cause we are the Aqua Teens, make the homeys say ho and the girlies wanna scream.
No Motiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:44 PM   #16
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Motiv
did you get the for free!!!???
everything is FREE for PG!!!!...
Old 05-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #17
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
No, these were not free. Only the neons and battle scars were free.

Don't make fun of my lack of glovebox. Its coming one day.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-06-2004, 01:49 PM   #18
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoriftoSlut
No, these were not free. Only the neons and battle scars were free.

Don't make fun of my lack of glovebox. Its coming one day.
hey!..those battle scars took work...hard and lots of it...give yourself some credit...
Old 05-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #19
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
hey lindsey, what kinda seat are you sporting now?
Old 05-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #20
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
zeta 2 type L

sorry i am not Lindsay.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:07 PM   #21
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
its ok, you PG people are all the same anyway

does lindsey fit in the L? he's kinda skinny, i'd think a normal zeta would be perfect for him
Old 05-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #22
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
can i have your shift knob?
smellslikecurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #23
BSeay
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

BSeay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BSeay
your shift knob looks like a huge dildo....but battlescars = hardcore!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #24
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
type 2 is not tall enough. he's tall people
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #25
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruto
its ok, you PG people are all the same anyway

does lindsey fit in the L? he's kinda skinny, i'd think a normal zeta would be perfect for him
Im 6'2 ish but 165. The normal Zeta II is too short. Even the Type L is JUST perfectly snug. Any mroe and it would be borderline uncomfortable.

The Zeta III Type L's are huge in comparison though.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-06-2004, 05:40 PM   #26
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Umm. the interior of that car looks like ... like... i dunno. wtf.

big hat, pink rag, shift knob, neon light.. NAY

Steering wheel, racing seat, guages, electronics..YAY

make up your mind dude. Funny clown car? or nice drift car with battle scars?
Old 05-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #27
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
make up your mind dude. Funny clown car? or nice drift car with battle scars?
Its an S13 Onevia. Of course its both.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #28
Kid Zelda
BANNED

Kid Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kid Zelda
ARGG!@!

Is this WHUUTT!@! happened to the dash !@!

I'm going to challege you to a match of SOCK'EM BOPPERS

STRONGHAND + SOCK'EM BOPPERS = DEATH TO ALL

Kid Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:02 AM   #29
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
sockem boppers sockem boppers, its more fun than, a PILLOW FIGHT!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:44 AM   #30
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
great..ducttaped.com took me to aporn site =\
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote