Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ITB's for my ka24de finished. *pics

here's what I've been working on the past couple days. They're all done and ready to go on my S14, except for the fact that I don't have my standalone.

Bet ya havn't seen that before eh? haha

Last edited by RBS14; 03-01-2005 at 05:28 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #2
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Looks sweet. What's the approximate HP gain on that?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection

Completely Awesome!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #4
SlideStar
Zilvia Junkie

SlideStar is an unknown quantity at this point
" OooAhhhhh " Thats some nice work!
Lets see some pics when it's on the car! And a dyno sheet would be sweet too!
Old 12-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #5
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
I like it. All motor. Scott this will be very drivable with usable power if it is tuned correctly.

I have a hook up on haltech if you are still looking.

Give us some specs man. Brands sizes.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #6
eyustfu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
eyustfu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice set up..what did the itbs come off of btw?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #7
skatanic28
Zilvia Junkie

skatanic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to skatanic28
very nice.

hard to tell from the pics, are the bends smooth between the itbs and runners?

what are you doing for airflow metering and a filter?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Did you port match the ITB's to the Mani. I think you're going to run into some flow problems.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #9
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
haha sorry.

'03 GSXR 1000 TB's. Secondary butterflies removed. Stock S14 intake mani, runners chopped off.

Luke, thanks for the offer, but I'll be using a megasquirt. I'll be sure to post vid and dyno charts when they are on the car.

Yes, I filed out the runners to match up with each TB. Pics make the bends on #1 and #4 look tighter than they are.

Run into flow problems with ITB's? hahahahah
Old 12-05-2004, 07:09 PM   #10
Tygma
Zilvia Addict

Tygma is making a name for him/her selfTygma is making a name for him/her self
Details? that shit is awesome...
Old 12-05-2004, 07:09 PM   #11
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Badass

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
Old 12-05-2004, 07:13 PM   #12
-E-
Post Whore!

-E- is an unknown quantity at this point
fuckin sweet
Old 12-05-2004, 07:29 PM   #13
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS14
haha sorry.

'03 GSXR 1000 TB's. Secondary butterflies removed. Stock S14 intake mani, runners chopped off.
my brother was doing this to his GSR then later decided to sell it and do turbo but dont u think those are a tad bit too small?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:41 PM   #14
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

no, actually they are a great size for our engines. They are within about 2mm of the diameter of the stock intake manifold runners, which is great. If you were to use TB's much bigger than these, you would have issues with vacuum. Most aftermarket ITB's for 4 cylinders use TB's between 40mm and 45mm. The ones I used are 43mm.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #15
AlligatorBling
BANNED

AlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choicesAlligatorBling has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to AlligatorBling Send a message via Yahoo to AlligatorBling
mad fucking props to you my man. dont hold out on us, keep us updated on this project, i have been thinking about doing that from day one with my KA.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:00 PM   #16
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
most 4cyl use ITB around 40-45mm but for wat size engine?

ITBs can be found all over the honda world and they are 1.8L as we know. most of the time they use 45mm minimum for ITB. we are 2.4L. some honda people use 48 and even 50mm for a better top end.

a 43mm used on a 1.8 is mid range goal. your using 43mm on a 2.4 thats y i said "isnt it a tad bit too small?"

what is your power goal?
Old 12-05-2004, 08:01 PM   #17
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
you are a MADMAN and i think i wanna know WTF the gains are on what appears to be insanity!

ROCK!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:10 PM   #18
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

those guys who use TB's bigger than 45mm cant hardly idle because they are so big. They also make NO low-end power. I'd like to keep a *little* low end power and torque below 4k. I can also change the characteristics of the TB's dramatically by simply changing velocity stacks. I could have gone bigger but these TB's were only $165 shipped, as opposed to $1000+ for bigger ones. I'm too poor to spend that kind of $.

Power goal? as high as I can.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:11 PM   #19
s13irdie2
Zilvia Junkie

s13irdie2 is on a distinguished road
thats insane!!! keep us updated.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:20 PM   #20
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

s14falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
So awesome!
see, now this is what we need to be seeing here on the forums.
keep up the good work man.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #21
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
those guys who use TB's bigger than 45mm cant hardly idle because they are so big. They also make NO low-end power. I'd like to keep a *little* low end power and torque below 4k. I can also change the characteristics of the TB's dramatically by simply changing velocity stacks. I could have gone bigger but these TB's were only $165 shipped, as opposed to $1000+ for bigger ones. I'm too poor to spend that kind of $.

Power goal? as high as I can.
1. I've seen 1.8L engines make 15whp in the midrange 4.5-6.5k. 6-9whp up top. This is on 45mm ITBs!

2. They idle just fine

Low end is 4k? isn't your redline 6.5k? Your definition of 'low end' is actually 'mid-range'.

You wont be able to change your ITBs characteristics to have more 'top end' b/c of the 43mm throttle plate. By adding a velocity stack, your gains will be placed even lower in whole rpm band.

Again, your ITBs will be too small for a 2.4L engine.

PS: this is SilviaDriver's brother (a honda owner)
Old 12-05-2004, 08:27 PM   #22
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
you are a MADMAN and i think i wanna know WTF the gains are on what appears to be insanity!

ROCK!
It's not that crazy, home made ITB's have been the hotness on Honda's for probably about a year now, if not more.

And saying a 45mm can't idle is just wrong, the TWM setup on Honda's are all 50mm or bigger and they don't have problems idling.

Just one quick question, any reason you aren't using the injector mounts on the TB's?
Old 12-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #23
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
cool deal scooter
but still will be slow as fuck
hahahahaha j/p bro

good luck
whats th eta to get this running? 2 years? GET A JOB!! hahahaha
Old 12-05-2004, 08:34 PM   #24
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom
It's not that crazy, home made ITB's have been the hotness on Honda's for probably about a year now, if not more.

And saying a 45mm can't idle is just wrong, the TWM setup on Honda's are all 50mm or bigger and they don't have problems idling.

Just one quick question, any reason you aren't using the injector mounts on the TB's?
atom hit the nail on the head. The honda world is extremely seasoned when it coems to ITBs.

BTW, using the GSXR injector locations will aid in better fuel atomization and give you more power. An injector position too far away will lead to idle problems as fuel will 'puddle'.

Props for trying it but you're going to be disappointed.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #25
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

I'm not going to argue with you (silviadriver) and/or your brother. I think these will be just fine for the ka. They have been used with great results on sohc's, so I don't see why it won't work on mine. TWM doesn't even make a kit for this engine, and the kits they do make are $1500 and up. I did this whole thing for $250, with stacks. I'd rather save a thousand+ dollars than get an extra 5hp up top. I guess you could justify paying that, but I can't.

Thanks for your input tho. I just don't happen to agree with it.

Cheers!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #26
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if driftaholics high comp ka lived, i would have liked to see these on his car..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #27
240silvia
Nissanaholic!

240silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240silvia
SR

Old 12-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #28
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you (silviadriver) and/or your brother. I think these will be just fine for the ka. They have been used with great results on sohc's, so I don't see why it won't work on mine. TWM doesn't even make a kit for this engine, and the kits they do make are $1500 and up. I did this whole thing for $250, with stacks. I'd rather save a thousand+ dollars than get an extra 5hp up top. I guess you could justify paying that, but I can't.

Cheers!
No one is really arguing. This is a discussion. Have fun.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:47 PM   #29
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

So, what do you not agree with?

50mm ITBs idle fine.

45mm ITBs are seen to gain midrange. More so than high end. (1.8L)
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #30
that180guy
Zilvia Addict

that180guy is making a name for him/her selfthat180guy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to that180guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZGTE
Badass

that is fucking BADASS!!!!!

cant wait to hear a sound clip man
gotta love the na, turbos are for pussies

Part of the Elite Shasta Speed Stars
RIP......05-09-03....*sniff sniff
the beast nears completion.....

YOU LOOK AND U BUY STUFF !!!!!