Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
NismoDan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Na Ka + Rsr-gt2 = ?

[Puts on flame suit just in case]
Ok, so I found an online ad from a guy selling what he called a "RSR Mag2" exhaust.
After asking for pictures, I got one back, but only of the muffler's side, and really close. From this picture it looks like a GT2...not the Exmag that I was hoping for. (in the pic everything is shiny, and the sticker on the side says "RSR Concept Exhaust Magic"....no RSR engraving on the tip)
So my question is, if this can be had for a good price, do you guys think it's a good idea with my (relatively) stock KA? (All I have on the engine is an AEM intake)

I know it will be loud...I just dont want to get pulled over by cops every 10 seconds while cruising at like 3k rpm (I rarely ever go over 3500, unless I'm really trying)

Thanks!!
C4L #34
NismoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a custom 3 inch exhaust, no resonators, and I like it fine.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:40 PM   #3
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
S14DriftR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S14DriftR
well, if you were hoping to get an ex mag, the gt-2 is pretty much the exact opposite of what you wanted....It would be pretty damn loud im sure, but so it the trust dd and everyone loves those. The piping size if definatly way too big to see any gains in the rpm range you say you always drive in.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DriftR
The piping size if definatly way too big to see any gains in the rpm range you say you always drive in.
S14DriftR should borrow your flame suit. I'm running now as we speak.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:50 PM   #5
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
Zilvia Junkie

XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her selfXxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX
i have exmag gt2 on a stock ka. no intake or anything. its not loud. and u cruise at 3k?? i shift at 2.3k or around there.
XxJaPxOxNeEs23xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
well, if you were hoping to get an ex mag, the gt-2 is pretty much the exact opposite of what you wanted....It would be pretty damn loud im sure, but so it the trust dd and everyone loves those. The piping size if definatly way too big to see any gains in the rpm range you say you always drive in.
What the hell are you talking about. He'll see gains across the board especially at throttle tip in. I've had both a 60mm and now the 80mm. The 80mm has better response in DD(butt dyno) and on the rollers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ynoCompare.jpg
Old 12-07-2004, 11:04 PM   #7
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwalker
S14DriftR should borrow your flame suit. I'm running now as we speak.

maybe we should sticky the dyno sheet with the big gains on the stock KA with a 3" catback?
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:15 PM   #8
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

I run a fujistubo 3" and I felt no gains at that low in the powerband, it picks up nice around 3500, but nothing below that. And i must have been thinking of the wrong exhaust, i thought gt2 was actually larger than 3", but i have seen the sheet and was one of the reasons i went 80mm instead of 60mm.

*edit* Sorry if i offered bad info, i always thought the gt2 was larger than 3" and significantly louder than the ex mag, I myself am running 4-1 header to test pipe to 3" straight through catback, and its not bad at all due to the large resontor and muffler on the fujistubo.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #9
tryiian
Leaky Injector

tryiian has a little shameless behavior in the past
where`d you get a 4-1 ka header? greddy?
tryiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 11:32 PM   #10
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

actually i had one of those greddy ones on my old s14,but for my S13 i picked up a used pacesetter for dirt cheap and spent a little time at my shop reinforcing the welds.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:55 PM   #11
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
yeah, and it's really not THAT loud... i'm in sf too and i've never been given any trouble by cops

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:01 AM   #12
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

your lucky, I was pulled over for my exhaust and its black canister and not loud, it was just an excuse for him to pop my hood because he didnt send me to get tested. didnt care about my non carb header tho.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #13
240pwrdrift

240pwrdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Tanabe Racing Spec

running the tanabe racing spec 80mm off road use only, a little loud but great flow with min. back pressure at high boost.

Later,
240pwrdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:43 PM   #14
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
I run a fujistubo 3" and I felt no gains at that low in the powerband, it picks up nice around 3500, but nothing below that. And i must have been thinking of the wrong exhaust, i thought gt2 was actually larger than 3", but i have seen the sheet and was one of the reasons i went 80mm instead of 60mm.
80mm 5Zigen Pro Racer on S13 with KA24DE:

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:58 PM   #15
pruto
Zilvia Addict

pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
i have the Uras RS, 80mm on stock KA, my butt dyno says there is a power difference, but i hate the friggen noise, don't get me wrong, i love the sound/tone, but crusing at anything above 2.5k hurts my head and i can't hear the bass from my speakers. I run with a silencer, but i think it sucks a bit of power, or maybe that is just mis-preception due to the sound.

you really shouldn't have a problem, but i'd recommend getting a ride in a NA with turbo exhaust to find out what you're getting into.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #16
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If police are a big thing around your area, then avoid it. What may be not loud to you, could be extremely loud for someone else. I've had over 5 different exhausts and my recent Altair/Fujitsubo exhaust has to be the quietest, yet some people still say it's loud. Just like the dyno chart shows, power increase doesn't really open up until 3500. If those gains are worth it to you, then go for it.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #17
S14DriftR
Zilvia Addict

oh damn, it doesnt even make anything worthwhile till 4k, I like it though, ka could definatly use top end and as long as it doesnt lose any down low it makes a nice change in the powerband.