Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
jt1583
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jt1583 is making a name for him/her selfjt1583 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
clutch / flywheel install pre check list?

alright, this will be the second time in 2 months installing a new clutch and flywheel and I want to make sure i get it dead on, because the only thing worse then doing something twice due to error is doing it three times i have a resurfaced and a centerforce dual friction clutch. here is the jist of what i plan on doing if you have any input at all, want to add more steps or modify current ones, please let it be known!

Flywheel install
*Align flywheel on crank
*Using red loc - tite on the bolts, thread in by hand and torque to 72-80 ft lbs, i was going to do 80 because i don't want them backing out, would there be a reason to torque more in the middle or lower on the 72-80 range?
*Torque the bolts in a cross-hitch style holding the crank bolt to keep everything still

Clutch Install
*Clean flywheel surface of all dirt and what not
*Place clutch disc on flywheel and hold there with clutch alignment tool
*Put pressure plate on top and hand thread in all 6 bolts
*Torque to spec in a cross hitch pattern (loc - tite?)

Tranny/clutch pedal
*Apply a lithium grease to all the points noted in the fsm (i've got a white lithium greese thats more liquidy then jello-y, should I look for something else?
*The part im confused about is adjusting the clutch pedal, i know how to turn the pushrod in and out but how do i know where is a good point?

I think that sums it up, but let me know if there is anything else i need to know/do for a successful clutch install.
jt1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
HIGHMILEHATCH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
HIGHMILEHATCH is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds just like how I'd do it. Good to see people being meticulous about their work.
HIGHMILEHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #3
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
you need to pull your pilot bearing and put in a new one.

you also need to replace your throw out bearing.

as far as other things you may want to consider doing, i took the opportunity to replace the engine rear main crank seal. with the flywheel off it's right there.

as for seals on the transmission, there is the rear seal that sits around the driveshaft on the ass end, and also a front gasket and oil seal under a plate on the front end.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check the slave if its still good.. and what poopy said pretty much sums it up
Old 12-17-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
sdtouge
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
sdtouge can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you dont need to replace either.

all i would add is
dildo
anal lube