View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #66
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I just got home from the event and it was a blast! The organization was pretty meh, but it was still a load of fun. I got some good pics of some of the zilvia members that attended and a couple pics from the drift event that was at the balcony. At the nasa event at the big track a guy driving a mini in one of the HPDE groups flipped in turn 9 and apparently is in pretty bad shape. They had to send the medevac helicopter for him and there are rumors of amputations giong around. We should all pray for him and his family. It is one thing for a real racer to get hurt, he KNOWS and fully accepts the risks of what he is doing, but a HPDE driver is just out there to have fun and is not necessarily 100% aware of what can happen. It really sucks! I will post the pics that I have tomorrow night. Good luck and have fun to all the guys going tomorrow!
wow, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. wish I could have joined up just to shoot the shit, if nothing else. unfortunately, I had to pull out due to unexpected circumstances in my company. perhaps another time.

eh what do you mean about the organization being meh? how does it compare to other hpde grps?

sorry to hear about the horrific accident, and I my prayers go out to the injured driver. the infamous turn 9 is the reason why I refuse to run 'big willow'. When you're pushing over 100 on a sweeper, any unforeseen factors like dirt, coolant, etc that unsettles the car can be disastrous. button-willow is little scary too with all the blind corners.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote