Thread: Tubs!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #26
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomadrifter View Post
I'm surprised how little you guys are cutting out and replacing. I rubbed the front and top so I cut in hard?

Trailer fender for $20 and a couple bucks of 16 gauge.

I'll have to find some inner shots.

^^^ This guy was nice enough to help me out with his design and I made his style fender tubs, I thought they looked really nice:

I wanted maximum clearance so we cut up really high on the strut tower - even cut the back and hammered it up and rewelded it. Then proceeded to cut up the fender rail to allow for more clearance overall.

Finished product:

You can see all of the room - there was barely two fingers worth of room in there before and I lowered it another inch and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
I notice these are mostly S14's as well, is this mainly a problem that plagues them?
I think mostly S14 owners do this because most S13 owners I know are cheap and are more worried about getting their ebay taillights and body kits to fit right then make it so they can run a wider wheel up front. S14s have significantly more room up front then S13s from the factory, so tubbing a S13 would help quite a bit.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote