View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
JDMFLCL
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JDMFLCL
Here was my itinerary (2 weeks) Total cost not including JDM parts I bought....1200 not including ticket (I was coming back from china on a work visit). The 1200 included my "All Japan" JR railpass. Only stayed @ hostels and ryokans! This was during late july/august last year. They have a great website in english to figure out how to use the railpass to get between places.

Day 1
Tokyo- shinjuku, etc..yamanote line stuff (stationed at a nice, clean, and central hostel in Shinjuku)
Day 2
Tokyo- more around tokyo, akihabara, odaiba to see the gundam, mitaka to see the STI museum, random places like super autobacs
Day 3
Tokyo
Tsukiji fish market, imperial stuff, roppongi.
Day 4
Yokohama (car shops, ocean front, daifuto)
Day 5
yokohama (same, random stuff) Went to Kamakura in the PM
Day 6
Hiked Mount Fuji...Met A31cefiro on here @ atsugi and did the ole' touge dance with them @ Hakone.
Day 7
Osaka
Day 7
Osaka, then ended up in Kyoto
Day 8-9
Kyoto...end of day 9 I went to takasaki (gunma)
Day 10
Went with my friend to all of the Initial D touges...stayed at a ryokan in ikaho (lake "akina" (Haruna) for you fanboys)
Day 11
Went to Nikko, saw the sites, went up and down irohazaka with a different friend, nikko circuit, ended the day in Tokyo
Day 12
Went to tsukuba/random upgarages, yashio factory
Day 13
went to Chiba, bought stuff at upgarage and just walked around and chilled then ended up @ narita.
Day 14
Had a late PM flight. Saw RE-amemiya which is right next to the airport then flew back to the US

I can give you info on the hostels and places I stayed...VERY cheap. I HIGHLY recommend planning your weekend to hit up any of the "events" on the weekends. You will not look at our slipshod stuff back here the same.
JDMFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote