View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #80
Ghost240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Ghost240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr141 View Post
next time ignore the r35 hype and just get an r34. imo better engines and wayyy better looking.

+100000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98koukile View Post
I love all the LS hate. Just remember that tune you have that's pushing the limits of your engine, turbo, fuel system etc is trying to make the power of an engine that will make it without breaking a sweat for 200k miles. Your SR will walk on it? What about mod for mod? Push an LS to the same limits and now you're standing still wondering if you can push more boost without blowing your engine to keep up.

But as far as this topic goes... I guess the culture differences could have been avoided if the US and other countries didn't use a different octane rating
LS hate comes from the fact that everyone is bandwagoning it. And secondly comparing a 4 cyl turbo to a V8 is comparing apples and oranges. The closest thing nissan had at the time was a RB. And yes it's not cheap to build an RB but the same reliability can be had with proper tuning. But people dont have the $$$$ to do it and half ass it or the tuners don't know what the fuck they are doing. You gotta keep in mind that tuning in the us (in regards to imports) is relatively new in comparison to japan. Secondly if you want to go V8 to V8 compare the titan motor to the LS series motor. But then again who on here can afford a titan motor.

I'm not knocking the LS series motors. I used to have a 98 TA. They are efficient and cost effective, but does not suit everyone's needs. Plus boost is sooooo damn addicting.