View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #249
DJZ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DJZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StryfeS13 View Post
I hardly ever get pulled over. However, in the great state of California, I get in more trouble for not driving than I do driving.

This morning at work, I'm doing an oil change for a customer and I get a call from my neighbor telling me that the police are at my house searching through my 240's. I have one parked on the side of my house, and another parked in the street (running car.) Both 240's have full exterior, wheels, and are not covered in cobwebs, dirt or anything. They are nice looking and do not look like junkyard vehicles. I guess they were doing a local waste of time search through neighborhood and run plates thing, and gave me shit for my cars that are on NON-OP, being parked and not driven. Long story short, it is illegal to have a car parked at your own residence if it does not run. I now have 3 days to get both cars running, smogged, registered, and tagged up to date, or else they will both be towed. Either that or I need to find a place to put them.

Fucking California I swear.
I agree california cops suck and they arnt very smart. I used to get stopped fairly often and one time I was driving a 240 coupe with some work supplies on the back seat and this cop lady stops me and has me step out of the car then all of a sudden she freaks out and is like "thats nitrous" pointing into the back seat of my car and im like"umm no its not" I didnt even know what she was pointing at, and shes all like "dont play games with me that is nitrous" then I tell her i have no idea what she is pointing at and she's all like its right there pointing to my paint gun. I lol and say thats a paint gun.. she continues to insist that its nitrous. its ironic cuz before i drove a 240 i drove a camaro with a 10lb bottle of nitrous mounted in plain sight behind the passenger seat and never even got looked at by the police. Another time I was driving a beat up coupe multi colored and what not and I pull into my college parking lot and as im walking away from my car a city cop stops me and asks where im going, (I was wearing a back pack it was pretty obvious where I was going) so I hold up the back pack straps and say "class" he then asks me if thats my car and i say ya, long story short he holds me up makes me give him all my info name, what class im going to, building its in. etc. and he makes me late to class. that 240 did look like junk though.
DJZ is offline   Reply With Quote