Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #337
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Dyno's are just a tuning tool. It's the number at the end of the track that tells the real story.
Every time my car hits the dyno it goes right to the track that sane week, a lot if time that day to see real works numbers to go with the dyno number.
As most know I'm sure, the peak number isn't what really matters. It's the average number over a 3k rpm range that matters.
This car is going to have a great power band.
I agree entirely. I'm not so much worried what the dyno reads. I'm more insterested in seeing trap speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
^^This^^

Tom, would be interested to hear any updated numbers from the strip.

Glenn- When's she getting tuned???
Mike, I just purchased a house and unfortunately I have some expensive purchases ahead of me. I'll get the car to the house when I can and start cracking into it again when I'm settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockiess15 View Post
That's still solid numbers for a factory head on 93 though . Your turbo isn't too much larger then a GTX30 is it?
Those numbers were made on the GT3076R with a .64 back side.

My new turbo is a GTX3076R with the larger .82 back side.

I may be shy of my mark of 500 on pump, but I'll hopefully have a larger mid and topend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukis13 View Post
this is by far one of the nicest builds i seen so far. The craftsmanship in the body work is very good, no short cuts, i know cause i used to work in a bodyshop. lots of pictures for people to see what you do. one day I hope to have a build like yours with lots of work put into it. keep it up!
Thank you sir! Appreciate the compliments. Just take your time when you dig into it. All too often people rush things and they end up less appealing because of it.