View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #21
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Well guys, it was a bum rack. I don't know how I didn't notice when installing but when I got it off it was impossible to turn without vice grips on the input shaft. Once you got it past a certain point, though, it moved fine. While looking at it I noticed where the shaft comes out on the drivers side, it wasn't at all center in the hole. I took it completely apart, got the shaft out, and found that it's bent. So when it gets to a certain point it gets extremely tight and that's when it would stop returning to center. I thought it was a pretty crazy find lol.

The old rack that I "fixed" still doesn't work. So I think what I'm going to do is take it apart too and swap that shaft over along with the seals from the bent one since they are new(er). They are blue seals, I don't know if that's any indication of who remanufactured it? In any case, the problem is somewhat solved. Thank you guys so much for the help and suggestions!

Edit: Swapped the shaft over from another rack and it's working perfectly so far!

Last edited by Hoffman5982; 12-08-2016 at 11:50 PM..
Hoffman5982 is offline   Reply With Quote