View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #23649
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
I'll leave your headlight dilemma for someone else, it's hard to diagnose when your not in front of the car. I would say to just double check everything you touched, and look at any other signs of someone else touching the harness. It sounds like your car was worked on by a dull apprentice with a knife before you got your hands on it. If all else fails, trying going back to the original setup and see if the car goes back to normal. With aftermarket stuff being made wherever by whoever, just because it's new, doesn't mean you can always trust it. Again, these are just general rules I try to stick to when troubleshooting. If someone worked before, and then stopped after I did, then I made a mistake I need to track down. If you can, invest in a power probe (usually around 100 bucks). It'll make tracking down electrical gremlins a lot easier, and you can bench test motors and such to rule them out as being the problem.

I wouldn't say that cleaning the MAF is snake oil, if the sensor wire is full of junk, it could throw off the reading and give inaccurate information to the ecu. Not sure if that's causing your rich issue though. The lack of emission equipment will make the engine run on the richer side of things though. You shouldn't be fouling plugs or anything like that, but unless it's had a tune to correct for it, you can expect that to happen.