View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #78
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'd argue that you can do both and it simply comes down to investments in marketing. Sure the wait is long and there's possible issues with availability and the up front cost to order the items, but you seem to take more of a supplier role than a direct consumer role. Someone already mentioned before that one of these hustlegangboi's will most likely flip your parts and you're ok with that? Not that I want to see your prices increase, but I'd rather see someone reap the full benefits of the market of the amount of risk taking that you mentioned in your other thread. Social media and ecommerce are just a few of the outlets these guys are utilizing to reach such people that are paying insane prices for used crap. These buyers most likely just don't know about you.

To your second point it's an apples to oranges comparison. You're dealing with actual suppliers producing new parts. The other dudes flipping Blitz 03 are dealing with discontinued items that they found on YAJ.
It isn't about selling it for the biggest margin as Mav said, it's about the consistency. Nailing one big sale on a customer that will never return versus ten decent sales on customers that appreciate the time and effort is really the scenario. Sure, you can have a very limited item and absolutely demolish someone who buys it because they have no other choice. Or, you can be modest and next that that person needs something, you're the first call. This is business 101 - a model that most retail tries to stick to. Consistent sales, target profit margins, sought-after product. Mav is checking all the right boxes. Frankly, I'm not even sure how he even got dragged into this stupid thread that shouldn't have even been posted to begin with.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote