View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 05:55 PM   #157
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Funny you should mention this - I have regrets in this regard.

10+ years ago when 'drift missiles' and frequent partouts were on the rise, I debated disallowing their presence on Zilvia. It felt heavy-handed and exclusionary, both of which are positions I try to avoid. That said, the regret I have that people willfully destroyed these chassis (and still are) because of internet cool points/convenience/profit, etc still bums me out.

I don't know how much good I'd have done by implementing such a policy, but I know that not doing so has hurt the current and future owners of these cars in a way that cannot be undone.
FWIW, if you don't pay any attention to the kid acting up in the corner, they might lose interest in what they are doing and move on. I think hindsight is 50/50 and you are choosing to feel bad about it, but there's really no way to tell. If someone was looking for validation in 'ruining' these cars and you snuffed that flame before it could turn into a wildfire, then I would wager they moved on to the next popular thing at the time. No way to tell.

I am vehemently against the trends and fads of the time, and that's probably why all of my cars have been OEM (not even +) for quite some time now. I think that generating traffic while compromising values will make that old Harvey Dent quote sting a little more.