View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #134
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
I haven't had an update in a while but have been very busy. From my last post, i was working my tuning with HP tuners while also breaking in my new transmission. I became frustrated with the lack of tuning options on my setup and decided to make a switch to a Holley HP EFI setup instead.

After several months of back ordered parts, I finally had everything i needed to get started.

HP ECU
Main Power Harness
LS1 Engine Harness
Injector Harness
Input/Output harness
CAN I/O Module with harness
Wideband o2
New OEM coil harnesses
LS3 MAP adapter
7" digital dash
3D Racing Solutions Cluster for digital dash
I/O harness for the dash
GPS Speedo
Dual boost solenoids

Since i had to rewire the new harness, i decided to rewire pretty much the entire car while I was at it which had a lot to do with how long this update has taken.

I made a new electrical panel for the HP, CAN I/O module, fuse box, relays, etc.

Dash with the 3D Racing Solutions Cluster

But after watching the following vid, i've decided to try my hand at making my own background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD6G...index=1&t=611s

I found this layout that i want to modify. This was from the ProTune digital dash. I'll mess around with Photoshop and try to make something similar.

After a few weeks of getting a good base tune working, I was finally able to drive around to get the final ~250 miles to finish my transmission break in. This weekend I changed all the fluids to get ready to have it tuned again.

Yesterday I took it to get tuned.

Best pull of the day was 672whp and 640wtrq at ~12psi on pump gas.

Numbers don't tell the full story.

Fuel pressure looked good until peak torque then started falling off fast. The Single Bosch 044 is maxed out. Tune was VERY conservative as it barely had 10* of timing. More timing and more fuel at the same boost could have been closer to ~720/700.

Good news is that I already have a pair of 450lph Walbros (possibly a third to come) and a Radium Engineering Triple Pump Hanger. Bad news...years ago i cut out the hatch floor area and put in a fuel cell which i now regret. I have another stock floor from a donor car and 3 stock gas tanks to choose from. Now I just need to cut up the car again to get it BACK to a stock tank

while i'm at it, i'm going to set it up for Flex Fuel. I picked up this Motion Raceworks billet dual channel in line flex fuel mount and sensor

Here's a vid a put together from some of the runs. They weren't very good but at least it's something

https://youtu.be/jINjHmCKFxI