View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #186
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre
But he ran a high comp stock bearing/rod/pistons(3 valve) And rev it to 8k all day long no problem.

I'm just following this guy and what he's done.
Tre the stock internals can take 400WHP easily. When you talk about rev and how achieved it thats another thing.
I'm willing to bet the crank was shaved (knife edged, and balanced), and the valve train (springs, retainers, and exhaust valves were swapped out).
KA's can't handle that rev for to long on it's stock valve train to it's displacement. Alot of those guy's use the OEM valve train components from the CA18det which comes with titanium retainers to reduce valve floating and increase it's strength at that RPM.
Valvetrain components from the CA are in direct compatibility with the KA, so yeah technically it's still stock oem.........
I actually spoke with a guy named Mike out in Washington that was running pretty similar to the same setup, he was asking me for info on how to get a fully counterweighed crank through NISMO so he could rev to something like 9500RPM redline. He told me he was getting 8000RPM rev with those parts and work that I just listed. If you didn't notice most of those engines run on a dry sump oil system and for a good reason too. Our stock engines are wet sump and arent as effecient as needed for that type of rev. One of the reasons why I was pushing scrapers and windage trays for the KA.

BTW our stock plenums will drop an automatic 30WHP in high rev anyways the runners are to damn long and make the engine go anemic enough as it is!!!!!