View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #16
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastyratz
to clarify, free subdomains would be redirects along the lines of www.xxyy.mydomain.com
Yes you are correct that is how subdomains work.
Quote:
with the domains would they become your intellectual property leased to me? or would it be fully entirely in my name and basically I have all the rights?
The free domain I guess you would say is leased to you, but it is free so you don't have to pay a lease. It is free as long as you stay hosted with us.

It is still fully your domain name and we are not allowed to transfer, sell or do anything to the domain without your premission.

If you decide to cancel hosting with us, your domain name will be transfered to you. We just do a Transfer of Ownership. The only thing there is a $10 fee for this. We did not want to do this, but do to abuse of the free domain names we had to. We had people signing up get free name(s) and cancel before the 30 days is up. They get a complete free domain. We had one guy who did this and got like 6 domains from us for 100% free. What a nice guy!
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote