View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #94
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview_180sx
have you been able to upgrade yo wheel size. My friend competes in SRX out here in socal running on work cr kai's 17s. Are you still on those hoosier's, because I know for west coast toyo is main sponsor. How is the cooling for you, have you had cavitation problems from running?? He's been having problems with the SR having shitty cooling capabilities at high rpms (30-45min race), and dealing with the heat from a choking 2871 and creating massive amounts of heat around the footbox. So much so he's been getting blisters on his feet. We are ceramic-coating the DP and tossing on some heat wrap. We already put the gold foil on the firewall and such. Hopefully we can clean up for december.
the only wheel size i really want to run is a 16" dia. but because of tire options for later on, i believe i will haev up eventually move up to a 17"....width, for comp i will prolly run 17x9 front w 275 rubber and 17x10 out back with a 295-305 rubber depending on power with will proly be in the 350whp range i believe.

Toyo may be a sponsor out there, but east coast nly has te options of Toyo bucks, they arnt out here givin out freebies most of teh guys run hoosiers anyways, slicks seem to win the races. I am still on hoosiers because i get the used and for free for te Porches 944 guys, free tires = saved money even if the do only last me one weekend.

my cooling issues are nonexistant on track, i see about 160* on a 95* day, i run a v-mount that i have designed to be super cool on track, off track is a whole other story, good thing its just a track car . What is his cooling setup like where he is getting cavitation?

Heat will always be an issue, biggets help is heat wrap eveything and get a dhield for the turbo or one of those turbo blankets if possible, keep the heat on and in the exhaust stuff and out of the engien bay and cabin, i have melted my shoes over the summer form my DP, but plan to heat wrp it for next year, this year is oevr for me now, winter is well on its way.

can you link me to shots of your buddies car, im dying ot get other setup in my head for when i am ready for my comp license. and possibly help with certian things i have picked up from teh track to aid in cooling.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote