View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #93
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
K, so this weekend, despite finals starting tomorrow....i got my tranny mount all done and did the shifter relocation. This week, if i get some time between tests, i will start mocking up the tunnel. Progress will go a little slow on the car for the next few weeks while i build a cage for a local guy's s13 hatch. If he doesnt mind, ill post up pics of that too.

Anywho, here are some photomographs of the tranny mount as well as the shifter relocation:

So...being that I moved the engine/trans about 3.5 inches back, the shifter obivously isnt in the right spot any more....leaving me with only one responsible choice....make a new hole! OR, better yet...use OEM We start by preserving the OEM shifter hole and bosses for the rubber boot:

Clear out the appropriate space to move backwards and then tack the shifter hole in place at its new hom. Now, observe empty space:

Cut up repacement metal and tack in for seamless install:

Weld out and then grind back down for that "hey this looks OEM" look:

Alternate angle

With the shifter in place:

Mounting spot for one side of the tranny mount...unfortunately i didnt take more pics of the mount itself....ill take some in a week or two when i pull the engine again!

Engine and tranny laying as they will when its all done! Glorious!

So many cool things in this picture its not even funny

Take care guys and as always, thanks for reading and keeping up with my progress!
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote